• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder crashes when rendering proxies

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! For some reason Media Encoder is crashing everytime I'm trying to create proxies. We own 2 iMac Pro's (2017) and both have the same problem. When I try it on an older MacBook or iMac with the updated version it doesn's seem to have that problem. Does anyone know what could be the issue? Grt. Ricardo

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rpaterno,

I am so sorry you are having trouble creating proxies. Which proxy preset are you using? What is the source footage? These facts may help us diagnose the issue. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Both Quicktime and H.264 have the same result. I'll go for medium resolution and the footage it crashes on is Blackmagic Raw. Most of the time it renders 5 or 6 clips and then it crashes. And it's been like this since the latest update, before we never had the issues. 

I hope you have a solution. 

Cheers,

Ricardo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue since the recent update of 2022. Anyone figure this out yet? Generating proxies is a important part of my workflow to keep these older machines spinning with new Sony mxf files. 

thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you also on MacIntel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could not repro your issue yet using these steps on an iMacPro (Intel) and macOS 13 using using Adobe Premiere Pro 23.0.57 and Adobe Media Encoder 23.0.1:
1. Install Blackmagic RAW 2.7 from here: https://sw.blackmagicdesign.com/BlackmagicRAW/v2.7/Blackmagic_RAW_Macintosh_2.7.zip
2. Download test media from https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera/gallery and https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/08/10/bmpcc-6k-first-footage-downloadable-clips/.
3. Create project and import Blackmagic RAW files. Choose "Create Proxies" for all clips.
4. Observe AME encoding starting in the background.
5. No crasher.

Are you using any plug-ins? Which version of Blackmagic RAW are you on? Can you maybe share a project with files for us to repro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines