• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder not usable

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rely on Media Encoder for my work and thought that the problem would resolve itself once I updated. But I'm still very much in need of fixing this issue.

When I send a project for encoding to ME from Premiere or After Effects it doesn't show up for exporting. However, after sometime it does sometimes appear in Media Encoder, why and how I don't know. But for my purposes is not currently a usable option, I have to export in Premiere, which isn't terrible, just slows me down a little. Or the Renderer in AE, which is forcing me to create very large files, several gigs, instead of 200mb.

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always very important to know which version of Media Encoder, Premiere Pro and AfterEffects you are using.  Also, is this on Mac or Win?

Please try those procedures below.

#1. From Media Encoder's preferences > Media, pease take a note of the locations of "Media Cache Files" and "Media Cache Database" indicated there.  Once you quit all Adobe applications, please go to this location and delete folders called "Media Cache Files", "Media Cache" and "Peak Files".

#2. If #1above didn't help, clearing preferences may help.  While holding the shift key, please launch Media Encoder.  For Premiere Pro, please hold Alt (Win) or Option key (Mac) and launch Premiere.  This clears the preferences.  To be safe, please quit and do a normal launch after clearing the preferences.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I am working on a bunch of video (tutorial), I just updated my CC2015 to CC2017 and I have an issue that I didn't have with 2015 :

When i am using AME to encode my list of PP projects, AME bugs and says i have to shut down Premiere (even when i am not using PP) because windows doesn't have enough memory. 

Before i could choose to use CUDA for rendering and now not anymore.

That issue appeared right after the update.

My cache is on a different hard drive of my working files and I have emptied it.

It appears i am not the only one who encounter that kind of bug a friend of mine is having the same.

My GPU is a nvidia quadro k2000

Hope someone can help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines