Exit

Media Encoder to local disk and dropbox at the same time

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the workflow im looking for is this.

1. Send a file to AME

2. Have to output to my local disk and dropbox at the same time without writing twice

Is there a way to automate this?

Thanks

J

TOPICS
Export or render , Watch folders

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I do not have any information that can help you with yourissue. But you may have some info that could help me with mine. I am looking for the easiest way to automatically upload a render from AME to a Dropbox account. Unfortunately Dropbox is not listed as one of the "Publish" platforms that include YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and a few others. I LOVE being able to upload directly to those platforms automatically after rendering completes. What is your workflow to accomplish this, or did I misunderstand your original message? I'm stunned Dropbox is not one of those directly-publishable options in 2022/almost 2023. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any files you add to your Dropbox files are automatically updated, or “synced”, everywhere you access them in Dropbox.  This includes movies rendered to a local Dropbox folder as long as it's not set to be online-only.  However, as movies files tend to be larger in file size than image files and text files, it may take some time for the sync to complete and the movies to be accessible from everywhere you use Dropbox.

If your intention is to watch Adobe Media Encoder exports to MP4 later from a mobile device, like an iPhone or iPad, I encourage you to look into using Microsoft OneDrive instead.  I find that it has better media playback for MP4 files than Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Creative Cloud, or Apple iCloud.

Even better, now that FrameIO is included with our Adobe ID, I recommend using the FrameIO integration with Premiere Pro and After Effects, allowing us to export directly to FrameIO.  Be sure to use the FrameIO for Creative Cloud login as to not accidentally create a trial account.  We simply log in with the same Adobe ID that we use with Creative Cloud Desktop.  FrameIO stores files in the cloud and does not sync with corresponding local folders like Dropbox or other cloud storage servcies do.  We put and get files from it either in the FrameIO tab inside of Premiere Pro and After Effects, via a web browser, or via the FrameIO Transfer (the desktop app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I heard of FrameIO but had not looked into much yet. But it seems like now is the time! Thanks for the info, Warren, much appreciated!

- DK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines