Media listed as offline in Media encoder

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing on an iMac, and I want to render my projects with Media Encoder on a different machine. I have everything set up and working as it should with watch folders on a shared server, but I'm having an issue that I don't understand. Here are the specs. 

 

Machine #1 (editing machine)

iMac running Mojave

Premiere Pro 13.0.2

Media Encoder 13.0.2

 

Machine #2 (server and export)

Promax Server running Windows Server 2016 Standard

Media Encoder 14.0

 

All my footage, project files, and resources are kept on, and accessed from, the Promax Server. All editing is being done on the iMac. 

 

When I drag the Premiere Pro Project file into media encoder on the iMac, everything links up and works as it should. 

 

But, if I drag the same Premiere Pro Project file into the media encoder on the Promax Server (windows machine), it gives me warning that all files are listed as 'Offline', even though all the footage and resources are physically on that same machine. 

 

I've done a workaround by opening the premiere-pro project on the Promax to re-link all the footage, but that takes time. 

 

The reason to encode on a different machine is so I can save time, and not use up all the processing power on my iMac during export and transcoding. 

 

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 9.19.36 AM.jpg

 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Watch folders

Views

332

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed when opening Premiere projects created on a Mac, on a Windows machine, media often times show as unlinked. Looking at the relink panel, I noticed all the blackslashes and forward slashes were reversed. Windows uses "\" while Macs use "/". The only fix I've found is the one you're currently doing: relinking on the OS you want to render on.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED

I downgraded the Adobe Media Encoder on the PC to the same version of Premiere Pro I'm editing on. So far, It's working now.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines