Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

media offline in media encoder

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm trying to export a premier cc sequence via adobe media encoder and somehow it tells me on ME that the rushes are offline.

I tried to clean the media cache both from premier and ME but it didn't help.

Waiting for your reply

regards

Ariel Tamir

TOPICS
Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

I found the solution from another thread. I unticked "Import sequences natively" in the AME general preferences and the problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tamira,

Please check for the version of Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder.

FAQ: How to find which version of Premiere Pro you are running

Similarly, check for Adobe Media Encoder.

Manually clean the media cache:

FAQ: How to clean media cache files

Please reply if that helps.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. I followed all procedures regarding deleting cache files. Something that has worked before, but not now. I am running the most recent versions of all software. When I export straight from Premiere Pro, no problem. However, when I queue the sequence in Adobe Media Encoder, selected mp4 files appear offline.  This is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution from another thread. I unticked "Import sequences natively" in the AME general preferences and the problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Watkino,

I am glad that it worked and thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just worked for me too in the 2017 CC release. The encoder no longer displays a red "media offline" error. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're an angel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone I have also the same issue but I can't uncheck this preference "import sequences natively" why ?

Can you please help me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. Worked for me. Happened after I changed my hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I just spent a full day dumping media cache files, uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, etc.! Really appreciate you posting this. It worked and my very important deadline was met. Adobe: Time for a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This saved me today....years later....having the same issue. Tried fixes for last 2 hours and came across this. THANK YOU WATKINO1!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hasnt worked for me... :(. It connects the file, however when it renders it fails.  It works fine just out of premiere.  Ive had similar issues recently where things weren't exporting properly in AME but fine in premiere.  It's not so convenient.  If anybody has any suggestions, please chime in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem when I started working on a new computer. I was just trying to convert some master clips by batch exporting from Premiere Pro but Media Encoder always saw them as offline. Unticking 'import sequences natively' removed the warning but did not solve the problem - clips would still fail to render from Media Encoder.

It turned out to have a very simple solution. For some reason Media Encoder didn't think it was allowed to access the external drive my media was stored on. I thought I would try loading the clips in directly instead of coming thorugh Premiere. When I clicked on the drive in the 'Media Browser' pane of Media Encoder, a message popped up asking if it could be allowed access to the drive. I said yes and after that, batches of clips imported from Premiere without any warning and renderd out fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just encoded a video that took up to 3 hours, I watched it back via media player, and once I clicked away  the file was gone. Not in recents nor Adobe. Not even in premier pro. What could I do about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this issue, we just have to relink all the files,
1. close the Project,
2. Change source folder name
3.reopne the Project
4. Link all the file again.
.....Probable solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me in AME 2019.

Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome wits, thanks so much! Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the best answer! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont see "import sequences nativeley " i work hard on editing and it never works this is so frustrating !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. Worked here as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When The latest update comes out (v15) everything got messed up. The program is creating a whole new file system. So all my templates are still using the old file system and nothting is linking up. I tried moving files over to the Premier Pro "15" file but then it wouldn't let me locate the old After effects files. I have no idea why it wouldn't accept the location because I manually located it, but when I clicked on theh after effects file nothign happened.... the program froze and nothing happend. Version 15 update screwed up everything. I tried un cheking the "import sequences natively" to and that did nothing. I am reverting back to 14 and hopefully that fixes the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

of course i can't open the files i was working on now in v14 because the were saved as v15....:pile_of_poo::pile_of_poo::pile_of_poo:

This is what I think of Adobe right now. i would use other words but its not appropriate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guys help me plz when i put my sequence from ppro in queue i export it from ame it says offline media and when i untick "import sequence natively " the export dosen't even start at all 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble. Which version of PR and AME are you using?

Let us know. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines