• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Media Export

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting media in Premiere Pro under the MPEG-4 format, I only have two (3GPP) presets for exporting and both are 352x288 or smaller. If I choose one and try to change the video options below an error pops up that says that resolution is not supported. With that said...

How would I export a file with the following specs:

Technical Specifications:

Container format = MPEG-4
Container codec = mp42 or mp41 or qt
Contains 1 video stream + 1 audio stream + 2 text streams
Video format = AVC
Video duration = 28:30:00;00
Video bit rate = 10 Mbps
Video dimensions 1920 x 1080
Video aspect ratio = 16:9
Video frame rate = 29.97
Video scan type = Interlaced
Video scan order = Top Field First
Audio format = AAC
Audio channels = 2
Audio sampling rate = 48 kHz
Audio integrated loudness = -24 LKFS
Audio dropouts - no more than 5 seconds of consecutive silence
Text #1 Format = EIA-608
Text #2 Format = EIA-708
TOPICS
Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

AVC is h.264. Choose Format: H.264, make sure Multiplexer is set to MP4 and you're good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AVC is h.264. Choose Format: H.264, make sure Multiplexer is set to MP4 and you're good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the CC requirements. The only options I see are for "Burn In Captions" or "Sidecar File"? The captions need to be enbedded in the video file but not burned in permanently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easy to mis-take the mpeg4 format option as "the same as .mp4". They're not the same. The mpeg-4 here is the old thing that say phones used years back ... with the small screen sizes they had.

Jeff is right ... you need the H.264 format then select the appropriate preset for your sequence and deliverable needs.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the CC requirements. The only options I see are for "Burn In Captions" or "Sidecar FIle"? The captions need to be enbedded in the video file but not burned in permanently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stuff.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that option when creating a preset in Media Encoder but when I export from Premiere, even when I choose the preset I created in Encoder (both in Premiere or in a ME queue), that option is no longer available. First image is Media Encoder

MediaEncoder.png

 This second one is in Premiere with that preset chosen

Premiere.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create "Subtitles" then you can't embed. But if you create a Captions format like the 608-1, then when you get to Me's Queue, and select the Captions section, you do get the embed option.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the captions I have in the project (608-1 and 708-1 captions) and I still do not have the embed captions available. If I export as an MXF file, the option to embed is there.

captions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I have tried multiple other things, but still I am unable to export a H264 MP4 with embedded captions. It works with mxf files but I am being asked for MP4 files with the embedded captions? I much apprciate all the help here and hope maybe there is an answer as to why that option is not available for H264 files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines