I'm having problems with a project I'm trying to export. It's a roughly 4 hour long movie in 4K, which I've been rendering on my laptop for nearly 2 days now. It's using the .MP4 container and the H.264 codec. It got to 100% over the night, but for some reason my external HDD (where I have all the project files) got disconnected / bugged (it sometimes happens when it's writing too much data at once through the USB-C to USB-A dongle) and now Media Encoder rests at 100% for the project but never finishes. I re-insterted the hardrive and now it works like normal for everything else on the computer, but Media Encoder doesn't seem to finish the render even so. I've tried pausing and resuming the render but it doesn't seem to ever finish.
I would hate to have to re-render the entire thing because it took me... well, 2 days. Is there anything I can do? There are temporary files generated in the export directory still, multiple gigabytes in size. Can I salvage anything from those to not lose all the progress of the render?
Thanks in advance.
What version of Premiere Pro are you running? I to am having a similar issue but with chapter/sequences rendering in Que. Some of the sequences finish and move to the next one only to pause for minutes to hours. If I hit pause and then play it moves to the next sequence. I found this on Adobe's help: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-solve-encoding-export-stuck-at-0-with-premier... If you find or hear about a fix, please pass it on.
Copy link to clipboard
I had this problem for way too long! And this may sound like a dumb fix. But, it works. Once it reaches 100%, wait a couple of mins. and hit the pause button. and resume again. it will complete the render the next second! Like I said, it's a dumb way to fix this issue. But it works 😄 I hope this helps
bro how it just worked. thanks a ton.
I still have this problem. Pausing and playing it again is not working for me. It's happens e-v-e-r-y single time while I render