Slow Renders on M1 Mac

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest build of Media Encoder and am experiencing incredibly slow renders and was hoping someone could help. I have simple edits (less than three minutes each), no effects are being applied, that are being converted to H.264 for review on Frame.io. Each render is taking an hour and a half which is nuts.

I am using the GPU Accleration (Metal), all my Adobe software is up-to date and I have frequenctly cleaned the cache directories and restarted. 

Any ideas would be appreciated as I am at my wits end.

Thank you,

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version of Big Sur is this and which version of AME?  I get pretty good encode times for H264 on my M1.

That said, I encourage you to switch to the QuickTime preset and ProRes422 Proxy preset.  You should see much, much faster encode times on Apple Silicon in AME.  Also, ProRes is what Frame recommends.  While the file size is larger than H264 (meaning a slower upload), the conversion for placyback on the FrameIO side is faster and the color accuracy - especially when viewed in Safari - is better.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines