• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Renders on M1 Mac

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest build of Media Encoder and am experiencing incredibly slow renders and was hoping someone could help. I have simple edits (less than three minutes each), no effects are being applied, that are being converted to H.264 for review on Frame.io. Each render is taking an hour and a half which is nuts.

I am using the GPU Accleration (Metal), all my Adobe software is up-to date and I have frequenctly cleaned the cache directories and restarted. 

Any ideas would be appreciated as I am at my wits end.

Thank you,

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Big Sur is this and which version of AME?  I get pretty good encode times for H264 on my M1.

That said, I encourage you to switch to the QuickTime preset and ProRes422 Proxy preset.  You should see much, much faster encode times on Apple Silicon in AME.  Also, ProRes is what Frame recommends.  While the file size is larger than H264 (meaning a slower upload), the conversion for placyback on the FrameIO side is faster and the color accuracy - especially when viewed in Safari - is better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I tried going back to version 22.1.1 and it's working better. Adobe droping the ball as usual 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Exact same AE file using the same settings, rendered in just minutes on my old MacBook with half the power. Now on a brand new Mac Studio with M1 Max, twice the memory and quadruple the drive space, it's taking half an hour or more. My agency's purchase of this Mac Studio was predicated on faster motion graphics and video production. This does not look good. I feel sometimes that Adobe is asleep at the wheel. I'm sure a solution is forthcoming, but come on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I look like an idiot amongst my peers for recommending this "upgraded" set up. I've got renders that took a few mins on my old MacBook, taking hours on this "supercharged" Mac Studio. I feel duped.

Can anyone recommend a Mac machine that will reduce AME render times out of the box?

Or can anyone recommend a different path forward?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here… M1 Max 64GB latest Adobe Updates and it takes 3x more time to get the rendering done !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I'm the product manager for Media Encoder. We've been looking into this issue - there's another thread here about the same symptoms - but so far have not been able to reproduce it. 

It would be very helpful to get some files - the AE file and whatever media, fonts, and plugins you've used - so that we can see the problem first hand and diagnose it. If you'd be willing to share, please reach out to me via direct message. 

Thanks,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fergus, I can send you a file. This is still a huge issue. an hour for for 45 minutes M2 Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supposed to say 45 second video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue I can send you a file let me know how I contact you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've faced this issue lately, Is there any update to resolve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

22 hours for 12 mins video with nothing fancy, not a 3D layer or plugins. Just some .ai files, images and videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines