Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound out of sync after compress

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all

I have managed to compress a 712mb MP4 to 145 mb H.264 after following a tutorial on you tube and making a cusom preset.  The results are not bad at all, excpet, the sound is now out of sync :-(.

I thought I would be clever and opened my shrunk video in pro, I was able to sync up the video but when I went to export I was back at my big video file again!!  

Can anyone offer any exaplanmation as to hjow I can sync this up or what I need to change in my preset to make the sound sync up in the first place  I have to stay within the adobe suite so cant wash this through any third party software. 

TOPICS
Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please forgive my awful typing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We appreciate you writing in. Could you share a screenshot of the export settings that you're choosing?

We'll look into the issue.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tutorial are you following? That is as important to know as your settings. Unfortunately, most of the newer After Effects tutorials I have helped people figure out are presented by enthusiasts presenting a recipe they saw somewhere. Most of the workflows are less than ideal. Some of them only work with a specific set of source files. You have to vet your trainers. 

What format was the MP4? Most are H.264. Compressing a 712 Mb file to 145 Mb is an 80% reduction in file size, and I would expect something to break. We need details to help you out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replying, I did some research and it seems the issue is when importing variable (progressive) frame rate video.  In the end I had to manualy sync the audio once I had compressed it then re author.  I got the settings from this link,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L14T5oyMA_0

worked well and the output was acceptable quality for our needs. 

My settings were output of 1280 x 720 matching source on everything else. Bitrate encoding VBR 2 pass with target bitrate 2 and max of 2.2.

I am a novice at all this so any advice would be appreciated. I use handbrake to fix a lot of issues but his video I could not as it had to stay inside the organisation equipment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines