Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck at 100%

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm trying to render out a batch of files from AME, but they keep getting stuck at 100%, and never finishing.

AME creates 3 files, a video file, an audio file and the container, but never merges them into one complete file.

Everything seems to render normally if l render directly from Premiere Pro, but as l have a ton of files l need to render out for archiving l'd love to be able to queue it up..

My render settings are:

- H.264/mp4

- Video: 1920x1080 (1,0), 25 fps, Progressive

- Audio: AAC, 160 kbps, 48 kHz, Stereo

- Bitrate: VBR, 2 pass, Target 10.00 Mbps, Max 12.00 Mbps

- The source was deinterlaced

Source files are P2 media; DVCPRO HD.

I am rendering on:

iMac 21,5" late 2012

OS X 10.8.5

CPU: Intel i7 - 3,1GHZ Quad Core

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT650M 512MB

HD: 251GB SSD / 100 GB free.

RAM: 8+8GB DDR3 1600MHz

with:

Adobe Media Encoder CC (v. 7.2.2.29)

I have tried saving locally, to an external Thunderbolt drive, and to our ReadyNAS server with the same issue.

Any tips?

Regards,

Kristian

TOPICS
Export or render , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Just Pause and Resume it. I also Had the same issue while exporting a file of 7.34gb. It worked for me. You may also try!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine started doing this on 22.5. Super annoying and I have deadlines to meet!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!
But it doesn´t solve a long queue, have to keep an eye all the time and pause every time it finish an export.
have to put a MACRO to do it for me, i feel like Homer Simpson!

I´ve updated all drivers and cleaned all cachés, also try to use same disk for proyect, media and export, even a Solid State.

The only solution seems to be "pause an play", or stop but finishing the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long after pausing and resuming an export can it take to finish muxing? Does it depend on the video length/file size or has it been immediate for you? I'm wondering because I'm exporting a 20 hour video and it's hanging at 100% too, but pausing and resuming doesn't seem to be doing anything. AME created an mp4 file once it hit 100% but it's sitting at 0 KB while the AAC is at 2,849,773 KB and the M4V is at 133,136,770 KB.

I don't mind being patient and waiting for it to finish, but I don't want to waste time waiting for something that isn't going to happen 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man! It worked for me too!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  wouldn't consider this solution as the problem being solved for me even if it DID work. (It didn't) 

I don't have time to pause and unpause when rendering multiple clips at a time. This didnt work for me anyway.

Adobe, figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work for me either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue and wasn't able to fix it with the solution of pausing and resuming, so I cancelled the task and cut the original project to only last a few seconds for testing. The second project completed with the exact same settings and worked to the point that I cut off at but the difference is that this time I didn't close after effects after I exported to AME. After that I attempted to export the original video that froze once more and it worked successfully. I don't know if that was the issue or if it was merely a coincidence but leaving after effects on while Media encoder worked seemed to have fixed the issue for me personally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, this was a false alarm and did not fix the issue either, please ignore this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing seems to work for me. Still having the problem on ME 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing seems to work for me 😞 I have Adobe 2020....It was working fine yesterday but something happened and its AME is not working anymore...getting stuck at 100% everytime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. The issue began for me with the latest ME 2022 update. Is it possible to restore the previous version until Adobe addresses this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered this problem today, I uninstalled the newest update and re-installed the previous which is ME (22.4). In order to do so, go to your creative cloud app, on the Media Encoder line you will see the three dots More Actions button just on the Open button right side. Click on More Actions a menu will pop out and just scroll down to Other versions and you will come accross older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I've been having this issue for a while.... I have been exporting to an external drive (USB3), but I switched to exporting to an internal drive and it seemed to do the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your drive is on USB but has a SATA port (and your computer has a port available) try this connection type. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I found to work was writing the file to an internal SSD. (very fast) I had been writing to a thumb drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody share media & exact hardware specs & AME version? We would like to look into the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, first of all this problem has been going on for a decade!?

A DECADE!?

I have this problem across various work computers, hooked to a server and with local processing on an internal SSD. I have seen this happen on an M1 mac mini, M1 mac studio, 2019 i7 Mac Pro, 2013 Mac Pro, Lenovo laptop, and even on my custom pc at home.

I can't trust any large batch render for more than an a couple hours before it gets hung up. Sometimes a quick pause and restart of the que can fix it, but like what is happening right now at this very moment is it just hangs when I try and even quit out to do a restart.

A DECADE!!!!! A DECADE!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryzen 9 gtx 4090this F'n bug is back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines