• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong chime sound plays (sheep sound) when a file finishes outputs successfully.

Participant ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to the 22 version of AME, when a file finshes rendering it plays the sheep sound, and not the finished chime. These file are finished successfuly, but it plays the sound for a failed render each time. Is anyone else having this problem? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This is a strange issue. I'll research on this and get back to you.

Please stand by!

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate that. BTW, just as a way of confirming the wrong sound plays, Encoder shows the checkmark next to the finished file, and it does it plays the wrong sound on every single file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So shivangg, in terms of you researching and getting back to us about this problem, what did your research turn up? (Other than, "Hey, you can turn off the sound") We're all waiting. What is Adobe actively doing to fix this? We expect better customer service for the money we're paying every single month. Look down this list, and see how many people are having this problem. How many have to come here and say they have a problem before it is properly addressed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming that this is happening to me as well.  Any luck on how to fix it yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, updating to 22.1.1 seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Shivangi_Gupta and group,

Even with the up-to-date ME, I'm still experiencing the billy goat sound for a successful render. Any ideas?

The only thing in my set up that may be related is that I have an After Effects extension/plugin called BGRenderer Max that may change render settings. Although that's in AE and not ME. And the problem is in ME. (After Effects render queue plays a chime for success and a billy goat for failure).

I have also checked the actual "rnd_fail.wav" and "rnd_okay.wav" files in the programs folder of both AE and ME and they seem correct.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME gives you an option to enable or disable the chime sound after successful render under Preferences > General.

Did you check that?

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to enable or disable the chime is irrelevant. The problem is that the chime is playing the wrong sound on a successful render. If you've been using AE or AME for any real length of time, that is a sound that strikes fear in the hearts of all who use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have to agree with the user below... I don't want the sound disabled. I want the correct sound.  I often step away during a long render, and the chime brings me back.  But the sheep freaks me out as I've got 10+ years of muscle memory telling me somethin failed when I hear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Super annoying and louder than usual.

I hate it. make me think thers an error.

I need this fixed asap!

I really HATE whats been going for the last 5 years.

we're F*cken paying beta testers. these simple bugs needs to be fixed before release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, wrong sound is playing. I get a jarring shot of cortisol in my brain whenever I hear that dreaded sheep sound we are all too familier with. I don't want to turn the chime off because I like to hear the joyous sound of my render being completed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm getting back in here to say this is 1/2 fixed. 22.1.1 fixes it when I render to AME from Premiere, but it's still messed up when Exporting to AME from AE. It specifically does this when a file finishes successfully after exporting to AME from AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens for me, but only specifically when I export to AME from AE, then any exports after that do the sheep sound. If If I restart AME and just do normal renders from Premiere or directly imported, it plays the chime as expected. Really bizarre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After furthre inspection, this is exactly what is happening to me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully updated and this is still happening for me when exporting from AE.

I have to say, I'm not fond of any bug, but this one will make me insane if it continues. I have a Pavlovian response to that ^#*$(%! sheep sound, and this is gonna give me a nervous breakdown some night when I'm on a deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes me a little nauseous every time I hear it. :nauseated_face:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, this is still a problem for me in version 22.2!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I don't think Adobe really cares. They have made no attempt to address this. I'm sure their mindset is, "if it's still rendering, so what if it makes the wrong sound".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

First, my apologies for not having seen this thread earlier! I was getting emails about this issue but mistook them for a thread on our UserVoice forum. 

We are aware of this issue, know what causes it, and it will be fixed in the next release of Media Encoder. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Getting the goat is anxiety-inducing for anyone using AE/AME for any length of time! I can confirm that my AE-to-AME renders reproduce the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting this problem, and so annoying. 

Using AME v 22.1.1.

Today I tried:

1. Disable the "Play chime when finished encoding"
  2. Exit AME
  3. Load AME again
  4. Enable the "Play chime when finished encoding" checkbox.

Now it works!

Plays the chime, not the sheep.. Whew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me. I'm still having this issue on 22.2 (Build 64).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is fixed in the next release of Adobe Media Encoder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fergus, that is what you said about the previous release of AME...

Did you see my latest post here? https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911308-media-encoder/suggestions/44399709-wrong-sound-when-...

There is still an issue with the sound.

Are you saying that you realize there is still a problem, and it will be fixed soon? What about my post? No reply?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines