• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

encode at ½ or ¼ resolution ?

Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

am i missing something, I can't see any way to make a preset that encodes at half resolution regardless of source resolution.

I have a massive number of clips that I need at half and at quarter res and they're all different sizes.

doing it manually will be insane. It'll be quicker to do in after effects because at least I can script teh setup there.

any ideas ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Currently, AME only allows matching to the source to its full resolution.

To file a feature request for it Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Since you mention scripting, you might want to check out Premiere Pro scripting. Specifically 'encodeFile' method. If you created a number of different presets for different resolutions matching all possible fractional resolution in the output you can then use encodeFile to drive AME via a panel in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, AME only allows matching to the source to its full resolution.

To file a feature request for it Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Since you mention scripting, you might want to check out Premiere Pro scripting. Specifically 'encodeFile' method. If you created a number of different presets for different resolutions matching all possible fractional resolution in the output you can then use encodeFile to drive AME via a panel in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply, I'll definitely file a feature request and also look into scripting premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines