Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I turn off my screen Media encoder stops rendering

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realised this today.

It's not the first time this happened to me.

I had to leave the PC to render overnight. Project from AE. (besides all renders in ME are painfully slow, for example if I put same source files into Premierepro and export directly from there it takes fraction of the time )So I started exporting. estamined time was 7 hours. When I was leaving the PC 4 hours passed, 3 hour left. I turned off screen and left.In the morning ( about 8 hours later)  after turning on the screen I noticed that export time got stuck. 4hours passed, but estamined time was now 10 and half hours... Just afterwards the progress bar and passed time started to move again.

( my media server has power options set to never go to sleep, never turn on screensaver, all power savings are turned off)

I'm used to render a lot overnight ( not just video )  and this ( and slows renders from ME in general ) it's really annoying.

Does someone experience a similar issue? is there any solution?  

TOPICS
Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This sounds strange. Ideally, Premiere Pro and AME use the same renderer for exporting.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

PC specs are Win10pro 64bit. ryzen2700x. gtx1080ti. 32GB ddr4, NVME+SATA ssd discs.

renderer was Mercury Playback Engine GPU acceleration ( CUDA). output to FHD30p h264 mp4. 3Mb/s bitrate

video length +-12min   render time +-10hours...  source is one png image and one mp4 video with keyed out green from AE

render times AME gives me lately are out of hand. 

I tried to render som footage with alpha ( hap codec, from 4k30p source to FHD30p output. 15min video) with i9/32GB/rtx3090 in work. and it took 5+hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same experience on my asus proart windows 11 I9-12900H 2500Mhz 14 cores 32GB ram Nvidia RTX3060 laptop gpu
renders are going from 40 hours to 140 hours when screen switches off and you unlock it again. 
Even de the fan of the videocard is going to almost idle. after unlocking time drops again but not to 40 hours. 
upscaling a 1080 to 4k on 40Mbps 60fps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from 2022. I've NEVER had this problem but it's just started with me now. 

New computer: W11 with ME 22.6.1 build 2

When I lock the computer to render overnight, the rendering either stops or is very slow. I woke up letting a 3 hour render go and had almost 3 hours to go when I woke up. 

What's happening here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same experience here. Mac Big Sur, AME 2021 (15.4). If I set a render to go, then turn off my monitor, it doesn't proceed with the output. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same expierence here: RTX 3070 Ryzen 5700x NVME and SATA Drives both with plently of storage Mercury Playback Engine GPU acceleration ( CUDA). Output to 1080p 60fps 4min Video and we currently at 3hours Elapsed 14hrs remaining after i left to the gym and the time remaining went from 3hours to 14hours with no progress during my time away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to the list here.  Simply compressing mp4's in AME; adaptive high bit rate, 2-pass.  On a mac, I turned off my display (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), left for the night, came back the next day and it was crawling.  I noticed it was on Mercury Playback Engine Software Only.  I switched it to GPU Acceleration (Metal) so we'll see if that makes it go faster, if at all.

Adobe Media Encoder 23.6 (Build 62)

iMac Pro 2017

2.5 GHz 14-Core Intel Xeon W

Radeon pro Vega 64 16GB

64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Ventura 13.5.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same issue on Windows 10. I assume I do not need to give all the specs as many people have reported something similar on a multiple specs. Was there ever a resolution found in a separate thread maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried it on my Mac. And it worked as expected. This is why we need your specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines