• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It's a YEAR that I have an incomprehensible problem: tripled render times after ANY update.

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know where to look anymore, and now that rollbacks to 14.3.2 are no more a thing, I'm seriously cornered.

When I export my sequences from Premiere 2020 14.3.2 (they are .mov files captured from OBS and exported in h264), the export time is around 20 minutes: GPU usage is almost always capped at 90%.

When I do it since any further update, EVEN the 15.0... It becomes an hour, with GPU under 50%.

I do have hardware encoding and CUDA on, with a Nvidia 2080S.
I really do NOT know what to do. 

Things are less diverse between versions when turning off hardware and GPUs encodings, but then everything goes far beyone 50 minutes.

TOPICS
Export or render , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michele,

We understand that you are getting performance related issues while exporting from AME. 

• Have you updated your GPU drivers to the latest version?
  • Please share a screenshot of the export settings that you have chosen.

We're here to help.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not AME only, sadly. It's the same if I export directly from Premiere.

It seems version 14.3.2 actually uses a lot of my GPU and CPU, costantly.

CPU is used above 70%, and same goes for GPU. The results are amazing.

Newer ones, 15.0 included, does not. It goes with 50% GPU and less than 20% CPU.

I have a AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, a 2080S and yes, sadly with the latest drivers.

My export settings are simple h.264 VBR1 at 1440p60 progressive. Nothing fancy. 
I tried different things, and sometimes the third party Voukoder seem to actuallyt do something to the updated versions, but the situation is unstable and messy: it's actually disheartening to have to stay obsolete, since that of course lead to other problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop responding to user's problems with your cliche answers. We pay for your products and for QUALITY customer assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have no solution whatsoever. 

I also tried to export a 14 hour long footage and on version 14.3.2 it takes 3 hours.
On anything after, 15 included, over 25 hours using less than 20% GPU and 15% CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand this could be highly frustrating.

• What kind of media are you working with? Please share the specifics(format, resolution, etc).
  • Also, what kind of effects/transitions have you applied to your sequence?
  • Have you used any third party plugins?

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines