• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Encoding in progress are you sure you want to quit" keeps popping up while exporting

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am on an HP Elitedesk 800 GI TWR, 16G RAM, GTX 1650, i7, Windows 10

This is an incredibly frustrating problem. Any time I try and export something I keep running into this issue where ME starts trying to exit out of the application for me out of nowhere. The message "Encoding is in progress. Are you sure you want to quit?" Comes up and when I click no it just pops up a second later, infinitely. I'm literally forced to quit. This happens just rendering a single 1080 video with the youtube preset. Happens on both GPU accelerated and software only renderer. It has been happening more often than not recently.

Seems like it may be tied to another error where I am randomly signed out of creative cloud at times, even when I am in the middle of editing in premiere or something. But I'm not sure. To test this I have opened the CC app and watched it next to ME seeing if it signs me out before trying to exit, but it seems like it happens regardless of if I am still signed into CC or not. Though often I notice if I open up CC after ME forces me to close I will suddenly not be signed in.

I have already tried using the CC Cleaner application and reinstalling. Anyone else get this issue? 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Make sure to do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing off of a seagate 2tb external drive, which has 0.98 tb free. My local is 2tb and has about 674 g free.

All my footage, project files, and mogrts that I'm using are on that hard drive.

I did a clean install of the studio nvidia driver recently and it's the most up to date. I can try reinstalling that again I suppose, but is the any other possibility?

Thanks for the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try working from the internal instead of the external.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just tried moving it to the internal, still happens. This is incredibly frustrating.
The weird thing is that it seems to continue to export sometimes if I just leave the message up, but only sometimes. I actually just watched an export finish by just leaving the message up and it kept going underneath. Other times if I leave it, it makes the entire app freeze and I have to end the process.

Tried going back a version and still happens. Tried some other suggestions I saw in other similar threads, like logging out of CC and closing every adobe app, still happens. Sometimes it's completetly debilitating, sometimes it's just a little annoying but managable. It's so inconsistent I don't even know what to troubleshoot anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines