• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ridiculous Encoding Time

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently rendering 2 Dynamic Link compositions, which were originally in premiere pro and are now in AME after some editing in after effects. All of my programs are up to date. I’ve used AME to render after effects compositions 3-4 times in the past with CC 2018 (I’m Now usingCC 2019). I had no problems with 2018, but now a 6 second clip (which contains some pretty heavy displacement map effects and motion tracking) has elapsed 22 hours in AME with a remaining 87 hours. I’ve searched lots of forums to no avail. I’m not on any deadline but this is insane. If anyone has any suggestions please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

you've said something about PPro so that is why I got idea of that workflow. But if you wish to render a clip from AE for being used later in editing software - mp4/h264 is the wrong way to go. h264 is loosy codec with large compression (quality lost) so rendering it as such only for puting it into editing software and compress it one more time in final render is not a good idea (also because CPU intensive decoding).
So it your workflow is as you described in your last post - render straight fro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is insane but it can be truth. Dsipalcement map effects are quite CPU intensive then - i'm guessing based on your decription that comp by dynamic link is inserted into PPro and edited with other footage and then from PPro to AME for rendering? Is that the case?
If yes... - that can be not to effective way. I would recommend you to try to render your AE composition from AE to some loosless/intermediate codec and then import that clip into ppro for editing - that should go much faster than that ridiculous render time that you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The comp is just 1 clip that i exported from AE to AME which Im making an mp4 and then will put that into PPro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you've said something about PPro so that is why I got idea of that workflow. But if you wish to render a clip from AE for being used later in editing software - mp4/h264 is the wrong way to go. h264 is loosy codec with large compression (quality lost) so rendering it as such only for puting it into editing software and compress it one more time in final render is not a good idea (also because CPU intensive decoding).
So it your workflow is as you described in your last post - render straight from AE (Composition>Add to Render Queue...) to some loosless codec (f.eg. ProRes) - not to h264

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ill give it a try, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also make sure the frame size, frame rate, etc. of the Export matches the Composition - if conversions are (unintentionally) happening, that can increase render times with complex effects. And yes, don't export H.264

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines