Highlighted

API Error in R

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I got the API credentials and the authorization part worked in R. However when I ran the following code, I got the following error message:

monthlyStats = QueueOvertime(rsid,

                             date.from = StartDate,

                             date.to = EndDate,

                             metrics = c("visits","pageviews","bouncerate"),

                             segment.id = "XXXXX",

                             date.granularity = "day")

Error message:

Error in ApiRequest(body = report.description, func.name = "Report.Validate") :

  ERROR: Bad Request  -  You do not have privileges to perform this operation.

The admin got back to me and said they already gave us the full API access to the report suite I'm using. Has anyone experienced this problem before? How did you solve this? I googled solutions but didn't find a definite answer. Thank you!

Views

177

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

API Error in R

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I got the API credentials and the authorization part worked in R. However when I ran the following code, I got the following error message:

monthlyStats = QueueOvertime(rsid,

                             date.from = StartDate,

                             date.to = EndDate,

                             metrics = c("visits","pageviews","bouncerate"),

                             segment.id = "XXXXX",

                             date.granularity = "day")

Error message:

Error in ApiRequest(body = report.description, func.name = "Report.Validate") :

  ERROR: Bad Request  -  You do not have privileges to perform this operation.

The admin got back to me and said they already gave us the full API access to the report suite I'm using. Has anyone experienced this problem before? How did you solve this? I googled solutions but didn't find a definite answer. Thank you!

Views

178

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked Gigazelle and he pinpointed the problem. It worked! So basically the admin needs to check 2 things under User Management. There are two places you need to have permissions:

  1. Report Suite Tools > Customize > Ensure each of the Web Services check boxes are checked
  2. Analytics Tools > Customize > Tools > Web Service Access checkbox is checked (there are multiple web services checkboxes in here, ensure the one under tools is checked).

Double check with your admin to ensure those are checked. Beyond that, customer care is likely going to be the next best point of contact. If you can give them an example request that's working, and another example of what's not working, they should be able to pinpoint the issue fairly easily.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...