Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I disable Adobe EchoSign?

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EchoSign.png

I am using the latest Adobe Reader version (11.0.10).  Whenever I add my signature to a document and go to save it, i get that popup box.  I have never used EchoSign, I had to google what it even was.

How can I disable this feature?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Ok, the problem is resolved.  I opened Adobe Reader and went to Help -> About Reader, and it said version 11.0.10.  I decided to uninstall/reinstall anyways.  When I went to Programs and Features, Adobe Reader in that list was listed as 11.0.07.  I'm not sure how accurate that list is, but my guess is that something failed in the updating process.  An uninstall/reinstall fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

EchoSign is integrated into Adobe Reader and Acrobat to allow for signing and sending of PDF documents. While this method lacks the options available through the web application, basic signing and sending functionality can be completed through Reader and Acrobat.

For more information please visit the link below:-

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5134

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but it sounds to me like you completely missed the point of my post.

I don't want to use EchoSign.  I don't want that box to pop up.  How do I make them go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is no way to make the box disappear as both products are integrated together. For now, you will need to click the 'not now' option.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see...  Then why does that option not pop up on other machines?

This is in a domain/business environment.  I have ~125 users who use Adobe Reader in and out all day long.  I have 10-15 users who have scanned their signature in and created a file with it, to add their signature to a document.  Of all of my users who use the signature portion, only one of them gets this popup.

I've gone in to their machine and changed the signature file to the signature file I use, and still get the same message.  I've used their signature file on my machine, and get no message.  So this obviously has something to do with their Adobe Reader.  Everyone is on the same Adobe Reader XI (11.0.10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What exactly is this user trying to do? Are you sure they are not trying to send a document out?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes, I am sure the user is not trying to send it out.  I've sat down at the users machine and gone through the steps myself.  Here are the steps:

1. Open a PDF received by email

2. Click 'Fill and Sign'

3. Click 'Place Signature'

4. Click on document to place the signature

5. Click 'File', 'Save As'

6. Choose destination folder, and name file

7. Click 'Save'

It's when my user clicks 'Save' in step 7 that they are getting that popup.  I have used the same PDF and the same signature file from a different machine, and it works normally, no EchoSign popup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this thread

Adobe Reader XI 11 - Don't want prompt to send using EchoSign

Even though it's prompting for echosign, it's occuring in Reader.

Going by that linked thread this behaviour should no longer be occurring in the most recent version of Reader  (as of Reader 11.0.10) though. You mention you have this version installed but double check this via help>about Adobe reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the problem is resolved.  I opened Adobe Reader and went to Help -> About Reader, and it said version 11.0.10.  I decided to uninstall/reinstall anyways.  When I went to Programs and Features, Adobe Reader in that list was listed as 11.0.07.  I'm not sure how accurate that list is, but my guess is that something failed in the updating process.  An uninstall/reinstall fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers for the update, glad to hear it got resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines