• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sign & Fill goes blank

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I click Sign & Fill the document goes blank.  I then have to click back to document for it to reappear.  I have use this product for 8 months without any problems and now this issue has come up

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

I got it to work. Turns out I had a program called Cute PDF and I had to reinstall it and now Acrobat PC is able to sign documents.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi markawaller​,

Could you please share the complete workflow followed by you step by step along with the possible screenshots so that we can diagnose the issue correctly.

Feel free to reach us back if you have any query or concern.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same problem.  I Uninstalled Adobe Reader DC, rebooted, and then reinstalled Adobe Reader DC.  Still getting the same problem.  Once I have access to the machine again I will provide a screen shot of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same thing is happening to me. Screen goes blank when I click on Fill & Sign. Using most updated version.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marks29478652,

Could you please let us know the exact dot version of Adobe application you are using.

Are you using a desktop application or mobile application?

What is the OS version installed on the device?

Is it an issue with all the files? Have you tried to replicate the same with other PDFs?

It will be helpful if you can share the screenshot for the same.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, there is nothing attached or shown in your last reply.

If you are trying to attach a screenshot, please use the insert image icon as shown in the screenshot below:Capture.PNG

When you click on this icon, you will get an Insert image window. Click on "Choose file" and then browse to the location where the file is saved.

Click on "Choose file" and then browse to the location where the file is saved.

Once selected, click on "Insert image" tab at the bottom.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a desktop application or mobile application? Desktop version:  2015.023.20070

What is the OS version installed on the device? Intel Core: i7-3687U, CPU@ 2.1 GHz 2.60 GHz, Ram- 8 GB, System- 64 bit operating system

Is it an issue with all the files? Have you tried to replicate the same with other PDFs? The issue happens with all .pdfs. Happens for “Fill &
Sign”, “Send for Signature” and “Send and Track”

It will be helpful if you can share the screenshot for the same. Nothing to show. When you click on Fill & Sign, the pdf disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marks29478652,

Thank you for the information.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

- Check if you are sign-in in the application.

- Run "Repair Installation" under the Help menu.

- Restart your machine

- Right click on Adobe Application icon and select "Run as administrator"

- Try resetting preferences. Refer the steps provided here: How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat.

Check if this helps.

Could you please confirm the application name you are using (Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Adobe Acrobat DC).

What is the Windows version you are using?

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences DID NOT work. Screen still disappears when "Fill and Sign" is clicked on.

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Windows 7

Please help with additional suggestions. This is maddening to have to print and scan endless documents to get a signature put in....especially when it worked at one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marks29478652,

Launch Reader>Edit>Preferences> Security Enhanced: "Turn off of the protected " and  "Uncheck: Enable protected mode at startup". This step is only for testing purpose. If this fixes your issue enable the feature again.

You may visit this: Protected Mode troubleshooting | Adobe Reader

Also, you may try to disable your security software for temporarily for some time to triage this issue on your machine.

If the above doesn't help, enable a new user profile and try again.

Let us know if anything turns out to be a help for you.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t see this option. Or it’s confusing what you are asking:  "Turn off of the protected "

Protected mode at startup is already unchecked.

Mark K. Stephens, Managing Director

<email signature removed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marks29478652,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Could you please try updating application to the latest patch released and check if this resolves the issue.

Go to Help menu > Check for updates. 

You may refer this help document for more information: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Let us know if you still experience the issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work. Turns out I had a program called Cute PDF and I had to reinstall it and now Acrobat PC is able to sign documents.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same thing just started happening with Acrobat Reader DC. Fill & sign & a couple of others just stopped working. As with "marks.." I don't have Cute PDF. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi markawaller

We have fixed this issue in our latest update on 11th Oct, 2016.

I would request you to kindly update your application to the latest patch released. Go to Help menu> Check for updates.

Let us know if you still experience any issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am operating on the newest version or update 16.9.01. Every time I try to view an older document the info erases.

It doesn't come back ever. Restart, or anything won't work, also can't delete program and reinstall. I will lose all the data in the app. Supposedly I'm connected to the cloud but I can't confirm that through the app. I don't dare look at more documents, in fear of losing more info. These forms are extremely important, how do I recover these after you fix the problem????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jonathand5062503 ,

It seems you are using either Android or iOS. Would you let us know if you are still experiencing this issue ?

If yes, please help us with the operating system name and version?

Also, is this happening with all the files ?

Regards,

Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you try updating Reader to the latest patch using "check for updates" option under Help menu, reboot the machine and try again.

You may also download updates manually using this link: Adobe software and product updates

If that doesn't work, try repairing Reader using "Repair installation" option under Help menu (for Windows OS only), reboot the machine after repair and check.

Also, let us know dot version of Reader and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC 

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using Acrobat Pro 2017 Mac with all updates and had no problems until recently and this started happening. If I shut down Acrobat and re-open it doesn't fix it. If i restart my Macbook Pro  with Mojave 10.14.6 it fixes it but after closing mac by a closing of the cover and reopening it, it no longer works. I find lots of tweaks but none that work on this forum or simply Googling. Called the 800 number, went through the menu and was transferred 3 times and finally, the phone battery died at 1 hour 20 minutes on hold. Any help appreciated. Happy to send logs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines