• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suggestions for Making Edits to Doc After Signature/Approval - Is it possible?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been asked to setup a work flow for a web form that involves 4 parties, but the final party wants the ability to make edits to answers provided by the first party. The form being completed must be accurate for compliance purposes. Based on past experiences with the paper version of the form, the first party who completes it often accidentally omits information or provides inaccurate information, so party 4 regularly works with party 1 to insure the accuracy of the information before signing the document. Obviously, in the Adobe Sign environment this comes after parties 1-3 have already signed/approved the document, so modifying a transaction in-flight isn't an option. (Based on my understanding of how modifying a transaction in-flight works, editing answers provided by signer 1 isn't even within the scope of in-flight modifications, so this is a moot point anyway.)

Is there something that I'm overlooking that would allow party 4 to edit the answers provided by party 1? From what research and testing I've done, I don't think this is possible. The hope is to avoid the need to cancel the initial form submission if a modification needs to be made and start the process again, especially since parties 2 and 3 would be forced to sign a document they've already reviewed and approved. (The info that parties 2-3 review and approve is static and would not need to be reviewed a second time.) We want to avoid doing unnecessary work.

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
How to sign , Manage documents , Web forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?