• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Above XD Export Assets is useless

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read all the articles on how adobe XD has all sorts of bugs when expeorting assets -- especially those assets made from components. What's worse, is it's clear Adobe is not fixing the issue. In short ...

I've made sure this component has no drop shadows, no sizes in decimals and that every element is constrained within the rounded rectangle shape. NOTHING expands beyond it ...
1.jpg
Here it is selected in XD (so you can see it is a compnent)

2.jpg

And here it is after I export it (FILE/EXPORT/SELECTED) in Photoshop

3.jpgAs you can see ... not only is it not cropped to the edge ... it's not even centered. But here's the worst part. I have several states of this module. They are identical in size and structure. I change the state, EXPORT and every instance is different in both size and "cropping" ...
4.jpg6.jpg5.jpg

This means I need to rebuild every module from scratch in Photoshop -- making XD virtually useless to me as we enter the DEV stage.

I just can't use XD for anything other than high-concepting. Cannot use for anything  complex and has the chance of making it to DEV

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try placing everything under a mask and export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked. I'll re-save all the states. Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines