Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Accordion help needed.

Participant ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been following tutorials posted here but I cannot get it to work. For some reason I cannot get pas a single click. My ultimate goal is to get the accordions to work as mentioned here: https://assets.adobe.com/public/8f1ba6b5-a1fb-4147-6152-2dfdccd8916f and prototypes herehttps://xd.adobe.com/view/eb0cc70f-4b5b-4f18-463d-07dd68d3d70c-9d3d/?fullscreen

I tried to follow the tutorial but just is too fast and does not explain the steps. Sorry.

I have attached screensshots that can provide a bit of context.

1. All accordion open and closed intances are grouped.

2. These individual groups have a parent accordion component

3. I added states to the parent component of each open instance: For example, 8 open states for 8 accordions

4. My prototyping is is not making proper conections.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

That is going to be almost impossible to prototype. In the samples you showed, the accordian has 5 states: all closed, 1 open, 2 open, 3 open, and 4 open. That is not too bad to wire together. With each accordian being indivually controlled, this jumps to 15(?) different states that you now have to account for and attempt to wire. 

Take a step back and try building just a component with two accordians and get that working, then move up from there. But it is still going to be a big effort.

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you drilling down to the element you want to act as the trigger? Your last screenshot seems to show the triggers on incorrect layers. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It is a simple interface. Select to expand. I do not want them to close the non-clicked ones. I would like the ability to open and close each individual accordion seperately.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is going to be almost impossible to prototype. In the samples you showed, the accordian has 5 states: all closed, 1 open, 2 open, 3 open, and 4 open. That is not too bad to wire together. With each accordian being indivually controlled, this jumps to 15(?) different states that you now have to account for and attempt to wire. 

Take a step back and try building just a component with two accordians and get that working, then move up from there. But it is still going to be a big effort.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advise and time.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another member posted a solution:
https://youtu.be/Pf1a-bp3XmA

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's still with only 1 open at a time though. If you want to have multiple open at a time, the amount of states will increase x4 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines