• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding more triggers for animations like On Scroll

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The addition of Lottie animation to xd is amazing but in using Lottie for the last few months I've noticed that I almost always use it in combination with a hover or scroll trigger. For example hovering over an icon and seeing it change, or scrolling through a page and an animation changing based on text nearby. Adding this to XD would make it possible to really prototype these ideas and share them with clients before moving to development.

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

You can have it play on hover if you put it in a component with a hover state. It's not as straightforward as having the hover trigger, but it works.

Otherwise we've been asking for a scroll trigger that's used in plenty of cases like sticky elements and animations for 5 years now, but the responses we got from the dev team haven't been particularly encouraging. I asked for this specifically just two weeks ago, and the response was still "we're looking into this and other things", but nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tomi,

Thanks for reaching out. Let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team and you can do that too by posting a request here https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

This is the best way of sharing your feedback with the Engineering and Product management team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was looking for the right place but couldn't find it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can have it play on hover if you put it in a component with a hover state. It's not as straightforward as having the hover trigger, but it works.

Otherwise we've been asking for a scroll trigger that's used in plenty of cases like sticky elements and animations for 5 years now, but the responses we got from the dev team haven't been particularly encouraging. I asked for this specifically just two weeks ago, and the response was still "we're looking into this and other things", but nothing specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines