• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding New Component to Cloud Library Saves it as a Graphic, not a Component

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setup/Problem: I had, long ago, created an enormous working file with 50+ artboards and from that created a single "master" library of colors, text styles, and components. Let's call this Library A. I wanted to clone Library A and "start fresh" - using that original, very sloppy library as a foundation for building out a fresh one to use across multiple files - one that already contained a ton of the assets I was and would be working with more.

Problem: Working with an existing cloud library full of elements seems incredibly simple, but the process of updating/adding to it seems anything but. Document assets vs. Existing Library is specifically incredibly confusing and I cannot find a good explanation for how to reconcile them. 

Process/Confusion: 

1. I started a new document entirely
  2. I duplicated Library A and started renaming elements, deleting duplicates, etc. Just cleanup to have to a nice solid start. Lets call this LIBRARY B
  3. I wanted to add new components to to Library B, so I made some in this new document, which was "using" Library B, and converted them to components. This immediately, and very confusingly added the new components to the "document assets library" - switching the library pane on the left to show me this.
  4. I looked up content on this message board to see what I needed to do, and the only solution I found involved making something in the document, and with Library B open, using the + button on the bottom to "add element." (really? no option in the context/right click menu?)
  5. Anything that I had converted into a component initially, when added as an element into the library, is saved simply as a "graphic" - not a component that I can drag onto the document and modify/have a master/etc. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Hello there,

For now it has been expected behaviour. Anything you add will be treated as graphic.

XD is not able to support components in traditional libraries properly due to which this feature has been disabled, which will be renabled once multi-states in component will be properly supported.

Related to new library workflow if you have any query, please let us know.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

For now it has been expected behaviour. Anything you add will be treated as graphic.

XD is not able to support components in traditional libraries properly due to which this feature has been disabled, which will be renabled once multi-states in component will be properly supported.

Related to new library workflow if you have any query, please let us know.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When will it be re-enabled? It worked last year!

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines