• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe fonts missing in XD

Advisor ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I install a font from the My Adobe fonts UI they show up in the font list in PS, ID and Illu but not XD. Yet another XD font issue in addition to the ones we already have. OS is W10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

I'm also facing this issue in XD (15.0.12.8) with both local and Typekit fonts, but have a workaround.

XD seems to ignore any font not physically located in the Windows/Fonts folder.  If you're using a font manager, those fonts probably won't be available unless you manually copy the fonts over to %windir%\fonts and then restart XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

I went through the online chat help.  I had to quit XD, go to fonts.adobe.com.  Sign in, if not signed in.  In upper right corner choose "My Adobe fonts".  search in the search bar for what font I wanted.   And had to activate each one of them.  Then when I restarted XD, the fonts were available.  What a pain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. If you've installed fonts using a font manager such as FontBase

• In FontBase, select Settings (it should be a vertical ellipsis "…") 
  • Change the Root folder location to "C:/FontBase" (or C:\FontBase — not sure if it's front or backslash)

You can also try the suggestions shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/user-guide.html/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.ug.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, je rencontre aussi des problèmes de police dans XD; j'ai activé la font Soleil via adobe font, et elle n'est pas disponible dans XD alors que je l'ai sous illustrator, photoshop et indesign. On m'a conseillé figma mais j'ai voulu utiliser XD à cause des font, et vu que je paie l'abonnement adobe...  Avez vous une solution je suis à bout j'ai perdu mon après midi de boulot ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: It got fixed when I REFORMAT my laptop, it was a pain [abuse removed by moderator] but at least it is now working. Uninstalling Adobe CC and installing it didn't fixed it so it is just sad I had to do the last resort of reformatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue mentioned by other people here. I downloaded fonts from Google Fonts, installed them, and started using them in a project in Adobe XD. I closed my project, turned off the laptop, and in the next day when I came back to the project, those fonts were missing. At first, I thought it was an issue with Windows, so I reinstalled the font. But this continue happening in the following days. The only thing that have worked for me so far is to open my project, see that the font is missing, close XD, install the font (again), then open the project in Adobe XD one more time. I already checked the Fonts folder in Windows, and the fonts are there. Every time I install them again, Windows tells me that this font is already installed, but I ask it to install again, and it's the only thing that works to fix the missing fonts. I keep the downloaded fonts in my Downloads folder as I know I'll have to reinstall it every time I'm working on that project. I just sharing in case someone is facing the same issue and can benefit from the same workaround. I really love Adobe XD, but I guess like many people I'll have to start giving a chance to Figma, cause this is not an acceptable situation for people who work with this every day, and apparently Adobe is not doing anything to fix it for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Fontbase to sync the Google Fonts and some local fonts, and it works for me. Notice that I had to change the Fontbase root folder to c:/Fontbase to get things to work in XD and use the setting "Start on system start".

Notice that syncing variable fonts don't work (yet?) on Windows, so for example if I sync the Libre Franklin font in Fontbase https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Libre+Franklin the fonts don't work. They show up as one and the same font for all font weights.

The Adobe fonts seem to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though XD accepted the fonts (along with all my other CC programs) I uploaded into the program it doesn't want to communicate them into the mobile preview. Got the classic "fonts missing" message. It didn't regconize one of the fonts I used and reformatted them all into an Arial type sans serif and changed uppercase letters into lowercase ones. Really would hate to change them into a less appealing/approiate font. Really frustrating to deal with. Is there a way to solve this issue??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also facing this issue in XD (15.0.12.8) with both local and Typekit fonts, but have a workaround.

XD seems to ignore any font not physically located in the Windows/Fonts folder.  If you're using a font manager, those fonts probably won't be available unless you manually copy the fonts over to %windir%\fonts and then restart XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I had this problem of typekit fonts not showing up in Xd:
I synchronised a full family of a font and only the bold one appeard in the list.
I found out that all the other were available, but at the end of the font list, they were not sorted by name in alphabetical order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! This worked for me too. Adobe should pay you for identifying their issues and providing a solution. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the online chat help.  I had to quit XD, go to fonts.adobe.com.  Sign in, if not signed in.  In upper right corner choose "My Adobe fonts".  search in the search bar for what font I wanted.   And had to activate each one of them.  Then when I restarted XD, the fonts were available.  What a pain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky you. In my case, only works with the fonts in w10 directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 and the issue persists -_- 

I am not using any type of font manager, just directly the adobe fonts and the fonts in my computer. Activated as some people mention (Going to my fonts in adobe fonts) restarted XD, even restarted my computer and is still not showing -.- can someone help without another year passing by? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ericka5C5A,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to see activated fonts in XD. We would like to know if you're able to see the fonts activated in the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Please try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nitnat,

Sorry for the trouble. Would you mind trying the steps mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-fonts-missing-in-xd/m-p/12187184#M52912 and let us know if that helps?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect, this doesn't help. Could you please read through this entire thread to see how common an issue this is, and you will also see that it's something that needs the dev team to remedy in a patch, rather than requesting that PAYING CUSTOMERS to Creative Cloud need to use workarounds (e.g. sign out, sign in, deactivate then reactivate individual fonts/font families, uninstall then re-install etc.).

PLEASE ESCALATE THIS ISSUE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue today, (Version 41.1.12)

I cannot see the font Turbinado in XD. I've tried deactivating and reactivating the font several times. I've closed and reopened the doc. Nothing.

There are loads of fonts missing. Why are Adobe so useless at fixing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. We would like to know if you're able to see the font activated in the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Are you able to see the font in other Adobe App?

If your activated fonts are not displayed in XD, Please try signing out of XD, Creative Cloud, restart the machine, and then sign back in. If it doesn't help, please try deactivating the font and reactivating it again.

For non-Adobe Fonts, try the following solution that has helped some of our users

• Open font manager (an old copy of Extensis Suitcase Fusion in my case)
  • Deactivate fonts
  • Reactivate fonts
  • Open the file in XD. You should be able to see the fonts displayed.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me either... Such a bummer.

Adobe fonts are working fine in all Adobe apps, except XD... No matter what

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Sorry for the trouble. Would you mind confirming if it's a specific Adobe Font or all fonts? Could you please share the version of Creative Cloud Desktop app and XD? Please share the operating system you are using.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for your message.

The problem is with all fonts.

I even installed one of them (Montserrat) in my computer, but even this one doesn't work.

I also use FontBase 2.16.4... Doesn't work as well.

Creative Cloud V5.5.0.617

XD V42.0.22.11

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for shaing the information, Eric. I just want to confirm if you've tried the steps shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-fonts-missing-in-xd/m-p/12187184#M52912

If that doesn't help, have you tried uninstalling XD from Creative Cloud and install it again?

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried all these steps. Nothing seems to work.

As I mentioned, even installed fonts doesn't show on XD...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation, Eric. Could you please connect with our suppport team directly and initiate a chat with them so that they can remote into your system and help? 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me either.

MAC OS 11.2.3
XD Version 41.0.22.11 x64

Fonts are working fine in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. I tried to activate a specific font for the last couple of hours. Nothing worked out. Unbelievable!
– Upload .otf or .ttf File in Creative Cloud

– Put the font direct into system library

– Activate and deactivate the font in FontExplorer X Pro

I can see the font in all Adobe apps, except ADOBE XD! Please find a solution for this pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ValerieSchäfers,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind updating XD to 42.1 version and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines