• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD -- i want to allow the user to input text in the textbox when i run the prototype.

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am designing an app & i want the user to add their username and password just for formality. i just want the user to be able to add text in the boxes. May i know how to do that or any other way in which it will look more realistic. I appreciate your help.

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Hi All,

The status of the feature request is changed to "Feature Under Review". If you're visiting the thread for the first time. We would request you to please upvote the request and your voice here:  Text input field with actions based on value – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

As a workaround, please check out the "Anima plugin" which can help you with the text input field. 

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The status of the feature request is changed to "Feature Under Review". If you're visiting the thread for the first time. We would request you to please upvote the request and your voice here:  Text input field with actions based on value – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

As a workaround, please check out the "Anima plugin" which can help you with the text input field. 

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is their a "plugin" that allows us to have a user imput?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there is no feature like input text field is not available in adobe xd or latest versio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

highly required. all XD needs to have input when we record video we need to show we can input fields

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is really needed in XD. As in Uxpin, INPUT TEXT BOX and DROPDOWN MENU is just a drag and drop. Hopefully Adobe is also having a very strong development team to add this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely needed.  It is a feature Justinmind has and I sorely wish XD had.  So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We understand it could be the most important feature for you. I can see the status of the feature is under review. I would suggest upvoting the above request and submt your feedback.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I upvote something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You may open the above link for the uservoice request. You will see the vote option on the top left side of the request. Please click on it to add the vote.

See the attached screenhot below:

upvote the FR.png

Let me know if you are able to click on the vote option.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been 4 years since we first mentioned it, stop being lazy and get to work!!! It's like you're almost asking us to code the application for you, very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree UXPIN allows user to input text in the textbox, also INPUT TEXT BOX and DROPDOWN MENU are drag and drop and each field has related varible, which can be useful for developer with the genrated code from prorotype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ehaHQ8nEL0

https://designmodo.com/ux-sign-up-form/

Adobe Xd lacks lot of these built in features and is behind comptitors .

I hope Adobe provides these features as standard not as some 3rd party plugin as it could a security issue for some organixation.

Otherwise. we may have to switch if Adobe XD is lacking so many of the basic features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!
I'm creating a prototype of a social media and I would like to have an interactive field where I can type text. To simulate the action of writing a post.

Is that possible in Xd?
Thanks for your time.

Capture.PNG

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil,

That's definitely a nice suggestion and idea. I have seen mulitple people have requested for this feature here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13183851-text-inpu... Could you please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice?

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update regarding this feature ? for a user input ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question.  The original post on having a simple input control dates back to 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use Anima for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Chris.

The prototype that I am working on is quite established already and I'm not comfortable switching out to Anima.  If I was just starting, perhaps.

Are aware of any other methods that would allow me to accompish my goal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines