• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD is crashing while editing text.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am in trouble with the latest version of xd. When I start typing with the text tool, it just crashes the app.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. In addition to what our experts have asked and suggested, I would suggest changing focus like minimizing and maximizing the XD window that helped various customers in past.

I am also checking with the team if there is a bug logged for this issue.

I will update here as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Update: I checked with the team, there is already a bug logged for the issue and they identified that it's a Microsoft issue and they are working with the team to identify the root cause of it. 

We will update you as soon as the issue is fixed. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 232 Replies 232
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I upgraded to an i9/11th gen workstation with 64GB RAM and all-top-speed SSD storage (plus other optimizations), to go with my 1G symmetrical low-latency internet line, Xd performance crossed into being usable to do actual work on.

Don’t get me wrong, actual problems were not fixed; throwing money at it to achieve tolerable is not a “solution”.

I think Adobe’s technical problem is not so much the software per se, except that code itself probably requires more CPU on their side than they’re prepared to provide, as well as the user side. That’s what happens when you optimize for release date not performance. Their own cloud infrastructure can’t seem to handle the number of users, or Xd files beyond the simplest demo clips their marketing people work up (and test/QA on their own internal LAN).

In addition to excessive bandwidth required to use their cloud-based files and libraries, my guess is they’re using a ton of additional bandwidth for their own big data ai training marketing operation too. That’s what happens when you optimize for profit not users.

Yeah, the joke is on people who want to use software. Pay them now, pay them later, just keep paying. Fancy new-fangled software and the new cloud-everything paradigm has associated costs, I get it. But the one thing Adobe clearly does optimize is the amount of money they can collect, and if poor stupid users have to pay exorbitant amounts for hardware and internet bandwidth to even use the product, then so what. Make us watch some ads and marketing videos, that’ll tranquilize us. Our money is the fuel that powers their economic engine, nothing else matters. We are just consumers, an amorphous resource to be sucked dry as hard and fast as possible before someone else does. If any of us can figure out how to do better than to stay afloat, then I guess we become new blips on the competitive landscape, which exposes us to a whole new level of offers we can’t refuse, to pay even more.

It's too bad, because it’s not a zero sum game. Message to (fellow) executives and management: there’s plenty to go around and life would be so much better for everyone if people would just slightly relax their death grip on dollar profit to the exclusion of all else. That’s pro-capitalist; just slightly anti-selfish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I am a microsoft user, and have been facing this issue for months now. Everytime the text field freezes, I need to minimize-maximise my xd window. I don't know when will this be resolved. I have had 3-4 xd updates since but none of them fixed this bug.

Why do I have the worst user experience pertaining to any software I have ever used on Adobe XD? Where as this software is for me to design user experiences for users. But Adobe XD fails to provide a good experience to its users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everybody! Does anybody know if this happen in macosx? I'm seriously thinking on switching to macos again...

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe XD application crashed when trying to edit. I have the latest update and am using macOS Sonoma Version 14.1.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried to Quit the application but won't close. I going to restart my MacBook to see if that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok the fact that this hasn't been fixed years after people started complaining about this bug is completely ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! any update for this? 🙂 it's 2024 I still have the same issue too hehe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files? When this happens, please try toggling from XD using Alt/Command + TAB to switch between two apps and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines