Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD Lost Work (Sync broken)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe.

Just wanted to inform you, that the stability of the Application gets WORSE and WORSE with every udpate (Windows). Installed the most recent Version of course. 

Feedback, for a potential improvement, if you want to:

1. I started work in Adobe Xd this morning.
  2. After lunch the Sync didn't work anymore (but I only realised that when i finished work).
  3. The App seemd to work fine, but it DIDN'T SAVE my work.
  4. When I wanted to go home I closed the application, it informed me that it couldn't save to Cloud. Ok, save locally. Crash to Desktop. Work lost...
  5. Since there is no local backup, as far as I researched my work is gone, thanks.

Most of the time I remarked when the sync broke, recognicable because the annoying frozen Application (while syncing) wasn't present. That was the moment to save locally, restart and manually restore work.
Congratulation, this and many other issues made me move to another product, as soon as the project allows it.

Windwos Application Log
Das Programm XD.exe Version 54.1.12.1 hat die Interaktion mit Windows beendet und wurde geschlossen. Überprüfen Sie den Problemverlauf in der Systemsteuerung "Sicherheit und Wartung", um nach weiteren Informationen zum Problem zu suchen.
Prozess-ID: 5d24
Startzeit: 01d8c45cd716fb16
Beendigungszeit: 4294967295
Anwendungspfad: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.XD_54.1.12.1_x64__pc75e8sa7ep4e\XD.exe
Bericht-ID: 96f448cd-f501-42b1-9b4a-2cc56b9a382d
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Adobe.XD_54.1.12.1_x64__pc75e8sa7ep4e
Relative Anwendungs-ID des fehlerhaften Pakets: App
Absturztyp: Cross-thread

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @patrick.stuecklin,

Sorry for the trouble. I understand how frustrating this can be. If you allow, I'll try my best to assist you here. 

To understand the series of events that happened, we need some logs from your machine. You can easily collect it using the Adobe logs collector tool.

Please upload the logs to CC or Dropbox and share the link with me via private message ( go to my profile and click send a message button). 

Awaiting your response. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @patrick.stuecklin,

Hope you're doing well!

We would like to follow up on your issue. Are you still experiencing the issue? If yes, please feel free to share the logs and information asked by Atul and update the discussion.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Hashika, 

yes I still have the issue. I just learned to work around it (more or less). If there's no "Send Error Report"-Feature I have little motivation to collect your logs, mostly because the switch to Figma is sure, only a question of time.

Thanks for unterstanding and best regards

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, to be precise:

• The sync issue appears regulary, had to backup some work just this week in another "save file" and then manually move it into the main document. 
  • The CTD I didn't experience anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We understand how frustrating it could be for you. However, if you would be able to help us with logs and XD files, then we can escalate the issue to the engineering team for investigation.

You can generate logs by following the instructions in this article. Once the logs are generated, please upload the logs and XD file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Migrate over to Figma. It's better for working in groups. Adobe is buying it.

@thomashallgren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines