Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD Mobile App on iPhone Slow and Laggy

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All;

When I try to view a prototype on Adobe XD Mobile in my iPhone X Max, the transition are laggy and it takes time to respon to the taps. I used XDViewer as an alternative and the transition play very smooth and there is no delay, but the screens on XDviewer are cropped. It will be nice to be able to use XD Mobile app to showcase my prototypes and not rely on third party apps!

iPhone Xs Max Software version 14.4.2

MacBook Pro 13" Software version 11.1

XD Mobile app  and  Mac using latest version

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. Would you mind telling us if it happens with every file or with a specific file? What is the version of XD you are using? Could you please record a video and share it with us so that we can investigate it?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I completely agree with the original poster. I have a prototype built for iPhone 12 Pro (also the phone I'm using) and the experience is very sluggish, unresponsive, and in general makes my prototypes feel clunky and heavy. 

When will this be addressed? I can provide files if needed to analyze. For example when viewed on my desktop the prototype runs at a smooth what feels like 60 FPS and in Adobe Xd iOS app it feels like 14 fps with drop frames and jutter.

I really feel this needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. I've already began migrating over to Figma just for clean, responsive, no hassles workflow. Things just work the way they should and it's snappy and lightweight. Maybe the iOS app isn't using hardware acceleration available to it?

Thank you for your time and attention,

Jesse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats why adobe xd is loosing the market, issues are not solved..

No updates and new features!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse22730844sncl,

We are sorry for the frustration. We would love to investigate on the issue. Could you please share the XD file and share the prototype link? Please also share the version of XD and the details of your operating system. Does that happen with a specific file or all the files?

Please upload the XD file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I noticed performance degradation on iOS previews as well, animations that were smooth are now laggy, generally feels sluggish in preview mode for both USB and CC previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sammyg58118447,

We are sorry to hear you're experiencing the issue while doing the preview. I have replied to your private message. Could you please share the details asked so that I can start investigating the issue at my end?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I hope you are welll.

When do you think the XD iOS app update will be released? 

I have emailed xdmobilefeedback@adobe.com at least 4 times asking for help and never received  any reply. 
Please help

thanks,

karl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem since last month. Prototypes shown in the XD app are to slow to be of any use. Even the live preview. It doesnt matter what file I load. Even scrolling through an artboard is slow and choppy. I hope you guys can fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, since update to iOS 16 Adobe XD became completely unusable, whatever project is loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, XD mobile app is laggy to the point off being completely unusable. I have sent at least 4  emails to adobe XD  to address this and never received a reply. 😞 As much as I love XD,  I need to move over to Figma as I feel XD won't be get many updates and eventually discontinued. I wish that weren't the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact issue! Every time I use live preview on the XD app on my iphone 13 it is so slow. Scrolling is very slow and lags, and the same when pressing buttons etc. I have no problem on the desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Camilla25654727cehi,

Sorry for the trouble, could you please help with below:
1. Are you facing this issue with all files or specific file.
2. On which device you are facing this issue
3. What is the OS version of the device
4. Could you please share sort video of it
5. For Live preview from which device you are connect with and dektop device (OS)

Thanks & regards,

Chaitanya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines