• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe XD won't let me change the order of the artboards.

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made a prototype in Adobe XD, then, later wanted to change the order of the artboards in the shared view. Changed the order in shared view,  but then it won't update the link. Tried everything. Tried deleting the prototype and creating a new one, tried saving under another name...

I can not imagine that you are stuck with the order you made things in. We need to be able to move the order around!

Anyone know how to fix?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

UPDATE:

There is a workaround. Another forum user told me to make sure all artboards are vertically aligned.

Adobe XD will go L to R top to bottom. (but on a very granular level)

If artboard 2 is 1px higher than artboard 1 it will be displayed first.

I've attached the screenshot another user shared with me to illustrate the point.ADOBE Artboard XD LAYOUT HELP Screen+Shot+2017-09-13+at+9.29.48+AM.png

So great there is a workaround, but this is still a huge issue that needs to be addressed.

We should have the flexibility to arrange artboards in the most logical arrangemen

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Hi there,

faced the same problem.
It works, if you add ascending numbers as prefix to the artboard's title. Then everything shows perfect in the sharing mode.
- Katharina

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, camilleb91882243-

Sorry for the delay! We display the artboards in left to right, top to bottom as you're looking at the project. You should be able to reorder the artboards on the screen, save, and update the prototype to see a changed order. If you're not, please let us know and I can get a developer looking at that.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have my artboards displayed as explained on this thread, but the order doesn't seem to be right on one of the XD files that I've been working on when I open it up as a prototype (first time happening).
Where should I contact to get a more in-depth assessment on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raythedesigner,

Could you please elaborate the situation here and share the link of the prototype using a private message after uploading it to CC or Dropbox?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I replied back to you through private message.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still not fixed?! Please explain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Tried this same approach to change the order, but it doesn't change the order when I update the link. Any other ideas for fixing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ericamaralrohter​ When you change the order of the artboards does the order change in the preview window? The order of artboards at the link should always match those in the preview window. If not let us know and we can investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, it is not change at all. I am trying to change order when play the prototype of my first screen but i cannot find a way to change what is the first screen to show when i play my prototype

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to run an update on XD—seems to work now as long as you follow the art board order that you mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Eric is correct, the new update seems to have fixed this issue - I have a XD doc with over 200 art boards and as long as you organize them Left-to-right, top to bottom "cleanly" it seem to now follow the order you organize them in (regardless of the art boards name or number, which is nice) (Running bug-fix? Probably..) +1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a glitch in XD, and was fixed when I updated to the next version, but this quite was some time ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is 9:13 AM PST on 01/18/2018 - I am using the latest version of XD and the latest version of Windows 10 and this is still an issue.

All of my art boards are in a single line arranged from left to right (which is stupid) - there are 18 pages and the arrows do not follow the chronological order that is specified in XD. It is however correct in the in-app preview - just not when I publish the prototype (arguably the most important part.)

This effectively makes the product completely useless.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

There is a workaround. Another forum user told me to make sure all artboards are vertically aligned.

Adobe XD will go L to R top to bottom. (but on a very granular level)

If artboard 2 is 1px higher than artboard 1 it will be displayed first.

I've attached the screenshot another user shared with me to illustrate the point.ADOBE Artboard XD LAYOUT HELP Screen+Shot+2017-09-13+at+9.29.48+AM.png

So great there is a workaround, but this is still a huge issue that needs to be addressed.

We should have the flexibility to arrange artboards in the most logical arrangement for the design.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're off by a pixel all the pages are out of sequence, it would be helpful if there was a better way. This is very unintuitive/difficult to understand. Vague is not good when it comes to UI/UX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this answer, it saved me! really!

I spent 1hr trying to fix this problem! and it never got fixed! I tried everything you guys layed out above! everything was on sequence folowing the recommendations! what a mess!I lost 1hr of my life trying to figure out something that XD should have fixed already after the very first comment! come on guys! this is insane!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darine,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. If you have already tried the workaround shared in this post, please upvote this UserVoice request on Adobe XD to show support for this feature: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/32368135-control-a...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! thank you so much. This works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear that the solution suggested worked for you. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this. I was utterly baffled!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear

you can check In the prototype tab select the artboard you want to be show first, you will find a little home icon on the to left corner

activate it the icon will be blue , if it's color is grey it won't be the first artboard in the prototype,

then try the order as you told before from left to right and top to bottom.

thank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue for me after I updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear

In the prototype tab select the artboard you want to be show first, you will find a little home icon on the to left corner

activate it the icon will be blue , if it's color is grey it won't be the first artboard in the prototype

thank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genuis!! That actually fixed the problem! Thank you so muchXD.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines