• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD won't open on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD (version 19.2.22) will no longer open on my Windows 10 PC. When I click Open I get a white window that says Adobe XD in the upper left corner for about 30 seconds and then the window closes. I tried installing version 19.1.22 and that didn't work either. I have upgraded back to 19.2.22 and it is still not working.

I had to quickly code the pages by hand in Dreamweaver while XD is down. Please help. I need to finish working on some files for a deadline.

Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit

Adobe for Teams account

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on XD desktop shortcut and select Run as Administrator.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Right-click on XD desktop shortcut and select Run as Administrator.

I do not see the option to Run as Administrator when I right-click. I don't have Administrator privileges on my PC at my job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought Adobe XD is an UWP App, then there is no such thing as right-click > run as administrator.

Updating my graphics drivers (just in case) and restarting the pc fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Adobe XD.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also see this help article.

Adobe XD launches into a white screen on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Also see this help article.

Adobe XD launches into a white screen on Windows

I'll talk to the IT administrative team and see if this article will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of these, and updating my graphic drivers seemed to have worked, but then the problem came back. I think there's some kind of weird conflict with the creative cloud app and XD. The problem only seems to happen if I try to launch XD and the creative cloud app is open and running in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Struggling with the same issue at the moment, troubleshooting from the post above didn't change anything unfortunately. Worked just fine as of yesterday.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you let us know if you are on an Enterprise license, and if you are on the latest version of Adobe XD (19.x) ?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran  wrote

Can you let us know if you are on an Enterprise license, and if you are on the latest version of Adobe XD (19.x) ?

Thanks,

Preran

Yes, I am on an Adobe Enterprise license at work and yes the latest version of XD.

Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit

Version 1803

OS build 17134.706

Adobe for Teams account

(Not opening)

Adobe XD 19.2.22

(Opening OK)

Photoshop 20.0.4

Illustrator 23.0.3

InDesign 14.0.2

Bridge 9.0.3

Acrobat 19.0

Dreamweaver 19.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. I suggest requesting your administrator to get in touch with Adobe Support as soon as possible. They should be able to quickly assist you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why don't you post the solution here?

I'm having the exact same issue since the last update. My graphic drivers are all updated and it's still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I did and it worked for me.

Right click on adobe XD on the start menu-> settings -> Repair/Reset/Terminate (dint work) -> Uninstalled -> Restarted PC -> Installed from CC. Worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your solution, Manohar. This will definitely help our user to fix the problem. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to do this on an almost monthly basis. I don't have admin rights, so I can't perform some of the other tasks mentioned above. XD will work fine one day, and the next, a white screen and crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me. I just completely reinstalled my operating system after spending about 3 hours with Adobe Support trying to fix the issue, and it's still not working. I have figured out that if I don't have the creative cloud app open, it seems to work. But if the creative cloud app is open and I launch XD, I get the white screen, and then I can't access my start menu or cortana search unless I kill all of the creative cloud processes. I think this is some kind of weird issue with the creative cloud app and conflicts with XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're facing trouble using Adobe XD. The issue with white screen crash in XD seems to be fixed in the latest version of XD. Could you please share the OS and XD version of your machine?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using the same issue. I have Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), and Adobe XD 22.7.12, previously tried XD 20.0.12 as well. Both are giving issues. I have done it all, from checking registry keys, to uninstall, restart reinstall, uninstall driver disable, restart reinstall, nothing seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Windows 10, all of the updates. I discovered that the issue was a May 2019 update that caused my CPU to spike. There was a patch that was supposed to fix it, but it didn't work. Once I backed up all of my files and completely reinstalled Windows from scratch, it fixed the issue. Just reinstalling Windows and keeping preferences and such didn't fix it. It's because I disabled Cortana/Search and then did the May 2019 update. I noticed issues right away after an update, but I wasn't sure what month it was. But this article confirmed I'm not crazy and there was something wrong with my machine after installing a windows update, and the month seems to line up with when I started having issues. I did numerous things to try and fix it, but at the end of the day the issue kept coming back. I have lost countless hours of production time over this. Very frustrating. But I'm glad to have finally figured it out. Hope this helps. https://www.pcworld.com/article/3435362/microsoft-will-patch-windows-10-cpu-spike-bug-and-says-its-t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have both these installed. Still facing the issue. However, for me, a fresh installation cannot happen - it will take a couple of days to setup my machine as I want it, that is time I do not have on my hands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I've been working on this for months and this was the only solution I was able to find. I've set up my computer 2 times now. It's a pain in the butt but I can be more productive now that everything is working again. I hope you find another way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i still cant open xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @naeima65928765 ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, I installed Photoshop and XD on Windows 10, Photoshop works but XD doesn't, when I open it it opens but after a while it automatically closes without prompting me any error, what I tried is to log out from the Adobe Creative Cloud account and then login again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines