• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD won't start on new machine (Windows 10)

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently bought a new workstation/gaming pc for use at home. I have installed XD on it. But it won't start.

It just pop up with a blank screen quickly and just closes again

I run Windows home Anniversary (I think!) the computer is only a week old. and I have only installed work things on it. I have tried to uninstall and install XD more then once. and i does not help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Thank you. Can you try the following troubleshooting steps and let me know?

1. Uninstall XD.
  2. Quit Creative Cloud Desktop app and kill all related processes from Task manager.
  3. Delete temp files by going to run(Win+r) then %temp%
  4. Delete Adobe XD CC folder from  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
  5. Restart  computer and install XD

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error.jpg

I am experiencing all of the situations described in the previous posts. I tried all the possible solutions including,

uninstall my cc, clean any possible residual files with the cleaner cc app, checked my windows 10. Nothing seems to work fine.

I can only use xd after I restart my computer, then if I save and try to load a xd. file it won't open at all.

Any suggestions? Did anyone findd a working solution to this annoying problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matteo,

Apologize for the delayed response as i was away on vacation. If you are still facing this issue, please contact the Customer Care team using this link contact-bumper

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue ... during the last 2 months .. it's really frustrating.

The only way to make adobe XD work again is to retrograte the version of windows .

But i can't do that, it's windows professional and my pc needs to be updated.

What should i do ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try updating your graphics drivers? Windows will install a generic version of a graphics card driver, so you will need to go to your graphics card manufacturerā€™s website and download the latest to install.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For people reporting this issue, please be sure to tell us the following info:

• Does XD fail to install, or does it install successfully but you are unable to launch it after that?  Those are two very different problems, and we're seeing a mix here of different people reporting both.
  • If XD fails to install, please get a screenshot of any error messages you see.  Then run the Adobe Log Collector tool to save all your installer logs, and contact Adobe customer support to send them the screenshot and logs.
  • If XD installs but then fails to launch, please post here with the following info:
    • Your exact version of Windows
    • Screenhots of any error messages
    • Copies of the following log files:
      C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\TempState\CSDK.log
      C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\TempState\CSDKBackgroundTask.log
      C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\TempState\Win32Helper.log
      C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState\AdobeXD.log
  • If XD launches but then freezes -- no error messages, and the XD window is open, but unresponsive -- please let us know as there are different logs we'd need in that case.
  • If XD starts launching and then crashes -- no error messages, and the XD window appears at first but then goes away suddenly -- please let us know that too, as again there are different steps needed to gather crash logs on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My probleme is XD installs but fails to launch,

Sometimes a blank pop up appears but 1 sec and disapear.

Sometimes the program did't open at all.

I can't install an other version of my graphic driver, it's a professional pc. But my colleague has exactly the same version of mine with the same version of windows and it's works for him ....

I have one error msg when i want to open a XD file :

error_msg.JPG

whith just "pathfile/namefile" and "The application did not start".

My infos :

version_of_windows.JPG

graphic driver.JPG

For the log files, i did'nt have any of it, I cleaned the adobe suite with the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not seeing any of the log files I listed above, please use the Adobe Log Collector link and send along the ZIP file that tool generates.  Thanks for helping us figure out what's going wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I send you the link to the zip file in private message !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud

And here just in case !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you find something ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. I reinstalled XD yesterday and rebooted. It worked then, but when I tried to open it today, it's back to the same thing. Blank white screen comes up, then closes.
I uninstalled and reinstalled again. Still won't start.

I get EventID 1001 in the Windows Application Logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all those of you that are still facing this issue, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not launching in Windows 10 Build 17666

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the Beta build for Windows 10. The team is aware of crashes issues on that version of Windows, and is investigating the issue for a fix. Meanwhile, we suggest using Adobe XD on a computer running an official version of Windows 10. Apologize for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a solution and it works for me ! First , you search your Adobe XD on Windows 10 Search Bar here , Right Click on the Adobe XD to go to "App Settings" :

Adobe XD.png

Then you go to to Reset section and Click Reset Button like below . Start the app again , and it works !
Adobe XD RESET.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah man, that will not work. You guys are probably using laptops, I had Nvidia 820M set as default for every app, went back and switched to Integrated (Intel), Adobe XD opened in a second. Try that, It might fix the issue. Thanks to whoever mentioned that Windows Event log, I found a faulty dll , something starting with nv... assumed It is Nvidia. Do what I did, report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got the same prob. need help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the solution in Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windowsā€‹ and let us know if it helped?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 10 with my graphic ard drivers updated. I have tried all the sugestions on this post and none of them works. Adobe XD is still not opening. just a blank screen then crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying the solutions, and I am sorry that they did not work for you. I suggest getting in touch with us directly using this link Contact us | Adobe

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,I have a similar issue. My xD opens the white screen after downloading ( Windows 10 system), and flips back immediately. How to solve this problem? Be anxious to use, very anxious. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem now. Worked for a while, now doesn't anymore.

I have a quite complex development setup, I don't want to restart the whole machine and re-start all the other programs and processes just to be able to copy some assets from another designer XD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide me with the following info?

1. Open Windows Event Viewer
  2. Go to Windows Logs > Application
  3. Check for Error

Do you see twinapi.appcore.dll listed against the faulting module path?

Error: Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00000000000bd598

Faulting process id: 0x251c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4af56ad394b61

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_14.0.42.14_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD CC.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report Id: ba9d5bef-e4cf-4750-8246-2c367f5c5ea9

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_14.0.42.14_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was the twinapi.appcore.dll. (v. 10.0.17763.168)

Everything looks like my error message (except process id and start time of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Can you try the following troubleshooting steps and let me know?

1. Uninstall XD.
  2. Quit Creative Cloud Desktop app and kill all related processes from Task manager.
  3. Delete temp files by going to run(Win+r) then %temp%
  4. Delete Adobe XD CC folder from  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
  5. Restart  computer and install XD

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines