• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AdobeXD Crash on Export of PNGs

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to log a persistent crash on Exporting PNGs from AdobeXD. This issue has been occuring for over a year now - normally I don't have to export to PNG so it's not much of an issue but lately I've been getting multiple crashes a day. I can count 4 crashes this morning alone. XD then has to be force quit using CTRL+ALT+DEL. What's worse is AdobeXD will then not restart at all and hangs on the loading screen. The only solution is to either manually kill all Adobe processes in Task Manager or restart the computer which is a complete pain. When exporting the dialog hangs on the last 1%. Pressing cancel does nothing and the dialog cannot be dismissed. Closing XD using the X does not work. 

gHowarth_1-1637317138787.png

PNGs are being exported to a OneDrive folder containing other PNGs.

Windows 10 Pro

OS Build 19042.1348

AdobeXD is latest build as of 19NOV2021

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Is this happening while exporting to a local drive or any network drive synced locally?
  4. Does this happen when you export any asset for the first time or is it happening with the assets which has already been exported once then you are exporting it again after making changes?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just following up that the issue appears to be resolved. AdobeXD has now started to present a modal when the export file cannot be written which appears to prevent the crash/hand and has helped diagnose the issue. I now believe the issue is relating to a PNG which had become 'read only' due to being opened in InDesign. I cannot say for sure but the new modals on export appear to have resolved the issue and I have had a few days of successful exports. Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines