Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alert icon instead of transition

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

when I use an item as a button to link to another artboard I can chose what kind of transition I'd like be executed. As soon as the link is set to it's target though the specified kind of transition disappears and a yellow alert icon appears.

When I open older files the dropdown menu for choosing transitions ist still there and working. And I still can recreate any available transition in that document.

But as soon as I copy in some of the new contents from artboards created with the 2018 XD version, that content again gives me the alert icon, and no transition to choose form.

?

Thanks for any hint!

XD 8.1.22.2 Starter, OS X 10.11.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible for you to create a short video of your issue and post it here?

I tried testing on version 10.13.4 and I am unable to reproduce what you say. This is what I did:

- Created three artboards with symbols

- Linked symbols to artboards using transitions

- Copied contents from these artboards to a new project and tested

Everything worked as expected.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply, Preran,

I tried again, starting a document, one Artboard, copying that, working on it. Then go to «Prototype»-mode and the full range of transitions is available (Video 1).

Then I add some more pages – always with copy/paste with some previous content included, but no prototyping-links set as yet – choice of transitions is replaced by alert flag (Video 2)…

Best Regards,

Olaf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue happens when artboards are of different sizes. The team tells me that this feature has been designed this way.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olaf,

Artboards must have the same height or "viewport height" for transitions to be enabled. You can check this in the property inspector on the right.

Perhaps the viewport height is getting lost on copy and paste?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Stuart.

Olaf Mueller: Can you confirm this for us?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Preran and Stuart,

thing is: I made the adjoined layouts two years ago with the erstwhile free version of Adobe XD (privately I have a CC subscription, but here at work Scrooge reigns supreme ;-), maybe that makes a difference: free or paid.

In the old layout you can see that there are artboards of all kinds and sizes, and everything works nicely. There was no viewport marker, if I remember it correctly…

@stuart-k: When I copy all the linked content from the 2016 file into an empty 2018CC file all the prototype links are lost. But when I reset the links I can link to all sides, left and right again, and connect all kinds of diffeerent artboard sizes. like in the good old days.

Try for yourself.

Best regards,

Olaf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you copy and paste while in prototype mode with recent versions of XD, then all the links should be preserved.

Looking at your file all the artboards have a viewport height of 800px, so you should be able to link them with any transition. I tried to reproduce what you're seeing and I'm afraid I couldn't:

screencap.gif

Could you take a screenshot of what you're seeing, and check that the viewport line matches between the two?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using XD 12.0.12.10, it appears this is quite random. Some artboards with differing heights transition just fine, other's don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Artboards with different heights (no scrolling) or different viewport heights (with scrolling) will only  ever do a crossfade transition.

If you find a case where this doesn't happen could you share the .xd file/shared link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines