• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alligning text based on "baseline" and "cap height" is currently impossible...?

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I just had to notice that it seems like aligning text elements based on their "baseline" and "cap height" is currently not possible.

Unless I missed something big, for whatever reason... the Adobe XD team decided that they would want to align text based on ascender and descender height?

Itami_0-1638361122243.png

This makes absolutely 0 sense from a consistent design perspective -- things won't align perceptually correctly unless "baseline" and "cap height" are used.
Even worse, if you dare to use different fonts like this, the alignments will be even more off.

This kind of makes working with XD really tedious since all text will be aligned improperly. For a billion-dollar company, I believe letting me align text properly, should be possible?

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Itami_1-1638366821021.png

This blue box around Text objects is used by XD for aligning the object with other parts of the design.
Upon closer inspection, I'm not sure, this is actually the descender and ascender even.
However, I should have settings to change this to what I want, or it should be "baseline", and "cap height" at default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines