• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

breakup with Figma

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, does this mean that XD will come out of maintenance status.  Our team invested alot of time and resources to adopt XD instead of Figma.  XD is a great program with all the CC integration.  Hope your team brings back the developments and improvements.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highly, highly unlikely. All the program management has moved on, and the same for almost all the development team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then Adobe would be out of this segment. There have been no major updates or features that are now standard in this area for over a year. I maintain that many customers are already migrating to Figma at the moment. Companies need a solid long-term planning basis. And now that they have to pay a 1 billion fine for the collapse of the deal, I wonder what could have been realized with this money... Either way, Adobe must now provide an official explanation of where the journey in prototyping is heading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has been reckless with their premature actions, the entire path to acquiring Figma should not have ended with XP going dormant when they hadn't even locked it down. Shame on Adobe for making things harder for their users, as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I appreciate your answer Chris, I don't think this answer should be marked as "Correct" as ""Highly, highly unlikely" is speculative and a personal opinion (although I do agree with it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd not mark it as "correct", so I assume someone else did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe attempted to acquire Figma before ChatGPT/Dall-E became a thing, generative AI potentially offers a whole new lease of life for XD. It would be easy for Adobe to resource the project again, and they have a load of cash available from the failed acquistion. They key factor is whether their management think they have a chance of gaining some market share from Figma, who are dominating at the moment.

As a long-time subscriber (since beta) of XD, I was really disaapointed when it went into maintenance mode. I've used both Figma and XD and prefer XD by a considerable margin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I use both XD and Figma (I'm a freelancer so need to jump to whatever client agency is using) and I prefer XD but it is starting to lag behind in a huge way. I do think Adobe could easily catchup if they put the same amount of effort into bringing XD up to scratch as they did when they started the whole XD project. Here's hoping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway, I hope XD can return to this arena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope XD will be brought back to life and on its update cycle. We all pay a lot for Adobe Creative Cloud, and for me, XD is a vital part of validating the CC expense. I can't afford to pay for both CC and Fima. And to be honest, I don't like Figma. Adobe needs a tool in this space. We can only imagine what the wasted 1 billion could have done if put towards XD and its team. Adobe continues to waste billions literally while increasing subscription fees. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD stands out as an exceptionally professional tool for user interface creation, offering seamless integration with software like After Effects for motion design and Photoshop for image editing. While Adobe's decision to acquire Figma may have been strategically sound in terms of user base and influence, Adobe XD as a software possesses immense potential. It especially benefits those with a Creative Cloud subscription. We remain hopeful that Adobe will resume regular updates for Adobe XD, capitalizing on its capabilities. 🙌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I heard about the blocked deal by the EU, I assumed and got excited about XD coming back to life, but this support forum is leaving me really doubtful. Adobe should offer clear communications and expectations to their paying members. 

I really dislike some of the UI choices of XD, but it is part of the bundle of Adobe products, which is a benefit that any third party app will never have. I even resisted a year or two from learning XD, not wanting to be a "beta tester" for an unstable product. I finally started using XD, and it has made working with the developers and sales team easier. There are some rooms for improvement, but why not do it? Isn't that what Adobe does? Incremental improvements? Clearly if Adobe has enough money for a break-up fee, they should have money for developement of new features. Buying Figma would have given them something quickly, but now Adobe can take time to make a good product, with their own Adobe-style UI slowly. Not all software can come instantly. Adobe has no hesistation on raising the subscription fee; I hope they can use that money to support the software I use.

All in all, if XD is abandoned, I will probably not try to learn the other Adobe experiemental apps. I don't want to take time to learn them, get the dev team on board with learning them, just to have something else yanked from under my feet again. This also makes me miss buying a software license, where I could rely on the software to be there. Now I don't know how much longer I have with XD. I hope the dev team (which is slow) can finish working with my prototypes before XD is killed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines