• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Business profile breaks link and ruined my life

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have YEARS worth of work and more importantly prototype links in my account. Now that Adobe has moved to the "Business Profile" paradigm I've been informed that I have to migrate ALL of my content and that this will BREAK ALL THE LINKS FOR MY WORK. 

I have these links in controlled documentation at work for product development. I can migrate all my content then update all the links over YEARS of work, but really? 

Did NO ONE at Adobe consider this? Frankly I'm shocked

UI/UX Lead - PreSonus Audio Electronics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH another note here. I've just discovered that not only does the migration break EVERY PROTOTYPE LINK. If you choose to do it manually.....it's VERY manual.

1 - download local version
2 - switch profiles
3 - open local version
4 - save local version to cloud under business profile

So I get to do this roughly 100 times? Maybe more?

Does anyone on the XD team understand how bad this is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kpoehling,

We are sorry for the frustration. We would request you to please connect with us directly using our contact support page: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and initiate a chat with our team so that they can immediately look into your issue and help you further.

Let us know if you face trouble connecting with them.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this yesterday and was told to manually migrate my files and that I would lose my links/sharing.

I've already begun the manual migration process, but if there is a way for you all to help me I'm all ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm so sorry you're hitting this! There should be an option on transitioning your business ID to migrate all of your content over to your new business ID, including all of your published links. If this didn't happen, or you chose the wrong thing on first login, you can follow up with your IT admin to create an enterprise support ticket (if you're on Creative Cloud for Enterprise) OR contact Support directly as Harshika posted below (if you're on Creative Cloud for Teams). The customer support agent will be able to help get this sorted out for you.

Elaine Chao

Sr. Product Manager, Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Elaine. As I mentioned above I contacted support yesterday and sat on a chat all afternoon looking for a solution. I was told numerous times that I needed to manually migrate.

I DID choose to manually migrate when given the option b/c I was weary of the automatic migration process and didn't want to create a mess with my cloud documents or prototype links. I've relied on this system for years. Fortunatley I've finally conviced my coworkers to buy in and use the system only for it to break and cause hours of confusion. The documentation on this migration (specifically in regards to XD) is awful. 

I'm sorry to have to say this b/c I'm the BIGGEST XD cheerleader, but I expect more from you all.

Once again. If you all can help me migrate in a way that retains the shared data as well as the prototype links that would be amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kpoehling,

We understand your concern. Could you please share the case number or ticket number that you opened with support yesterday with me over a private message so that I can check and investigate it further? I would also like to know if you've checked this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/migrate-assets-to-enterprise-account.html on Automated assest migration.

I will try my best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kpoehling,

Thanks for sharing the case number with me over a PM. I have escalated your issue and the team has logged a bug for your issue for further investigation.

We will keep you posted and will get back to you for more information if needed.

Really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your patience on this! I've escalated this to the team that is doing the migration, and they're working on some options for you. I've asked that the communication be handled through the support ticket moving forward so that you get the attention you need to get unstuck. Definitely feel free to reach out to Harshika or myself if you don't hear back in a few days, as we do want to ensure that this gets resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elaine/Harshika,

Sorry to piggy back on kpoehling's chain, but I too am experiencing this issue. I am a Creative Cloud for Teams admin and we have all our files saved as cloud documents with invites and share links across team members and also shared with clients.  As it stands the only instruction I've had is that we have to manually move all our files, which would require recreating 100s of cloud documents, links and shares manually which seems completely inappropriate and would require a lot of inconvenience from my team and for our clients who we have shared with.  I am just as disappointed with Adobe's approach to this as kpoehling, and have already tried having conversations with support to no avail. I also don't remember being presented with any option about automated transfer, but I'm not sure if that's because of being on Teams rather than Enterprise. Please could you help me to resolve this? Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Becky - thanks for reaching out! Definitely go to Customer Support first, and feel free to message us your support ticket if you've already had this conversation. We can follow up to see if we can get you unstuck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elaine,

Yes I've tried customer support a couple of times, but their responses
haven't helped me. The ticket reference I have is ADB-21478071-L5D5,
although I'm not sure if this is the reference for my most recent
communication. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks

Becky Veater
*Technical Director*

<Personal Info removed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reviewed this with our support team. Each individual user should have been given the choice to either migrate their existing content or keep their content in their account. Can you check with your team and see if that's what happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was  given the option to "automatically migrate" or "manually migrate." From my recollection there was no declaration "if you don't choose automatic migration you'll lose all your links and sharing properties for every cloud based XD doc". IF I had been presented with that information I would defintely have chosen the automatic option. 

Maybe I misread it at the time. Considering how IMPORTANT a choice that is/was I would have hoped for better messaging. This whole change has been riddled with pitfalls for XD users. For instance SOME members of my team had personal profiles created and some did not. So messaging the usage changes with team members has been VERY inconsistent/difficult. 

I've got roughly 70 cloud documents that all have prototype links littered through our product documentation. Plus they all have varied associated team members shared. 

IF it is possible to retain the prototype links and shared properties please let me know. I'm currently migrating files as I need to use them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I'm continuing to dig into why your account was not migrated. It looks like there were some complexities in your account setup that prevented migration; I am working with the team to get you concrete next steps. Stay tuned - you're still on our radar!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for looking into this.  No none of my team were given any option about this when they logged in.  We got the email notices from Adobe at the point that the switch to business profiles occurred saying 'Your first Business Profile has been set up', which also states 'We recommend that you move the content to the appropriate Business Profile when ready' - but the instructions given for this requires doing everything manually and losing all the links/share. We weren't presented with any automatic form of migration. When we logged in we were just presented with the profile options and that was it.  Hope that answers the questions.  Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this additional detail. I've filed a ticket for the team to explore why your organization wasn't upgraded and should hear back soon from them to see what next steps there might be for this. I'll update you as to what you might be able to do next to get a migration kicked off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elaine,

Just looking to follow up on this.  I had a notice this morning that my ticket was closed but no other communication about what we can do to resolve this issue.  Please could you look into it and let me know what the situation is.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'm not quite sure why your ticket was closed; I'll dig into this. We were able to determine what happened with your account and should be reaching out to alert you of a migration soon. You're still on my radar, so I'll continue to push this through as best I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elaine! I'm in a similar, but slightly different situation. 

My team also had all their business XD cloud documents moved into personal profiles, and we've been working to move them back to the business profile manually. Support blamed us for choosing the wrong profile, when we'd never seen a prompt.

The big problem that support can't solve is how to move our design systems. We can manually move the published design system library, and the source XD file for that design system. But, we can't link them back together, so the design systems are basically frozen, since we can't edit or add to them from the business profile.

So we've got hundreds of XD documents that reference components from a design system we can no longer edit. 

Any ideas? Here's the case number: ADB-21180226-F9K3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out! I'll be highlighting this both to the migration team to figure out what happened and to our design systems subject matter experts to see if we can help you out of this quandary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed up with our support team, and you were right - you were not offered a migration due to some complexities with your account, so the information you received was inaccurate. I'm working with the team to make sure they give accurate details in the future.

I've also contacted the subject matter expert, who should respond to you with some tips on how to get your design system back up and running. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Elaine, I really appreciate it! They've reached out to me, and I'm hoping we can get it resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elaine,

Still haven't heard anything more about this and we are creeping towards the end date for the 60 day trial that is set up on the personal accounts (ends on the 15th Nov).  Please can you give me an answer as to whether something can be done about this or whether we will have to deal with the situation manually before our time runs out, which would be less than ideal.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out again! I just reescalated with the team that has been driving this migration process and will try to push this along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines