Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Open a XD file - error 86

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I have just tried to open up a file I ahve been working on. I am getting the code 86 error. 
All other files are fine, all the versions before and 1 cloud version are fine but the 3rd version that had many many hours of changes to it has this error. I ahve copied file to PC and tried there. I have renamed, I have checked for permission errors. The PC was under my personal user so different account. Any help?

error-XD.jpg

TOPICS
Data loss , Known Issue , Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting, We would request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine.

Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM

Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Z107ceDfk

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Madhumati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there, 

So even though I tried it out on a PC and not the Mac on a different adobe license you think this is still the thing to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please try this once on your mac as well and let us know if the issue got resolved.

Thanks,

Madhumati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you let me know the next steps please so i can try salvage something during the weekend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

If you are still facing that issue then try the steps suggested in this post:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/m-p/105...

Thanks,

Madhumati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines