• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot delete unused videos from XD document

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that has multiple videos. Originally, we planned according to the 20 video limit and it worked fine. But over the course of client edits, I have had to delete and substitute different videos. I am currently well under the limit of 20 videos actually used in my document, but I am getting a "you have reached the maximum number of videos" warning when trying to add the final two videos.

It seems there are two potential sources of the issue:

1. There is one video in the "assets" panel that is unused. There are no instances of it anywhere in the document. But I still cannot delete it.
  2. Including that video, there are only 11 videos in my assets panel. That means there must be other videos that I added to the document but were never added to the assets panel. I have deleted those from the artboard, but XD seems to think they are still counting against my 20-video maximum, despite me having no access to a list of them.

I have tried duplicating the document to different locations and restarting XD to see if it would allow me to delete anything or realize that those videos/links are no longer used. However, none of that has helped.

This document would be very complicated to try to rebuild from scratch, so I need a way to remove the unused videos from this file.

MacOS, Version 55.2.12.2 x64

TOPICS
Design , How to , Import and export , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

There were some hidden layers with videos I'd added in the past – I found 2–3 or those. (A good test to narrow down where those could be: (a) delete sets of 5–6 artboards, (b) try and see if it lets me add videos after deleting them, (c) if yes, then poke around on those artboards looking for video file layers.)

There were also some components that were not used anywhere in the document. Once I found the component, I could delete it and then I was able to delete the nested video asset.

There are s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nathan23050803def3,

Thank you for reaching out. We will try our best to investigate and help you find the videos. Could you please share the screenshot of your design from the "Share" tab showing the downloadable assets checked to confirm how many videos are marked for export? If you haven't marked any video for export, please mark all videos for export so we can ensure that the video is present in the file.

Please ensure that you check the assets in the nested layers from the layers panel.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. I have marked each of the videos for export once. There are currently 11 videos marked for export, which means there are 9 extra videos somewhere that have not been deleted from the file – but only one of those appears in the assets panel. (I can tell you which one that is, if helpful.)

I need to add two more videos to the file.

(It's a little bit complicated, as I use the videos on multiple pages and nested in multiple component states to accomplish certain animations.)

This design isn't public, so I haven't included any visible artwork in the screenshot, but you can see how many videos are marked for export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I poked around some more and found some leftover hidden videos. I still think there are some other leftover videos that somehow weren't correctly deleted and that I do not have the ability to delete, but I was able to get my file working how I needed. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you are able to find the hidden videos. Could you please share where you find them so that our future customers might also check for that location?

I really appreciate your efforts in fixing the videos in your file. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were some hidden layers with videos I'd added in the past – I found 2–3 or those. (A good test to narrow down where those could be: (a) delete sets of 5–6 artboards, (b) try and see if it lets me add videos after deleting them, (c) if yes, then poke around on those artboards looking for video file layers.)

There were also some components that were not used anywhere in the document. Once I found the component, I could delete it and then I was able to delete the nested video asset.

There are still 5 videos counting against my total of 20, but I only need 13. So I should be okay for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're Awesome. I know you will be able to find those as well, and thanks for sharing the steps you follow. Please let us know if you need any assistance in the future.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines