• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color issues copying from Illustrator to xd

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I dont know if anyone has noticed a color difference between illustrator and xd. When I copy and paste from illustrator to XD I get a very different hex value, then when importing a png it is closer in color but still not exact. What is the best way to get closest RGB values from one program to another? I have noticed that it seems to get consistently darker when copying and pasting. When I copy from XD paste to AI then take that same object and paste it back to XD it is darker then before. If you keep this same pattern the object eventually turns black. 

Alan5FDB_0-1630083460117.png

Alan5FDB_1-1630083567070.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Color managment is complex and can be very confusing. Just because the HEX codes are the same, doesn't mean every app will display those colors the same way (even on the same computer). XD is not color managed and therefore can display the color differently than Illustrator (which is color managed). Different apps on the same computer/display can act differently. If you're using a wide gamut monitor (such as Display P3), XD will not adjust and can display things differently than a web browser wo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without testing things myself, this could be related to XD not being color managed. Color Management (set color profiles) – Adobe XD Feedback

Using hex codes is the most reliable way to know the color is the same.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CC Libraries and therefore the exact same hex codes in both programs and seeing very different results. I've seen a lot of responses saying to change my computer's display settings, but this has to be an app issue, as I'm viewing the two programs on the exact same computer, with obviously the same monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color managment is complex and can be very confusing. Just because the HEX codes are the same, doesn't mean every app will display those colors the same way (even on the same computer). XD is not color managed and therefore can display the color differently than Illustrator (which is color managed). Different apps on the same computer/display can act differently. If you're using a wide gamut monitor (such as Display P3), XD will not adjust and can display things differently than a web browser would (which use sRGB). So because XD lacks the ability to color manage itself, the only way would be to adjust the display settings of your entire monitor (but that will affect all apps, not just XD).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @amyp33227756 ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. As explained by Dan, Adobe XD is not color-managed yet, and it should be SRGB throughout. For the best viewing experience, I recommend ensuring you have the SRGB profile set for colors on your monitor. Having said that, let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the team.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines