• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Component States not showing in Prototype.

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made 3 different component states for a page. I need to link a text box to a specific state butin the protptype area i am not given the option to link to a state. I watched multiple youtube videos in which they linked to states but i can only link to other artboards. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you pull a wire from a component you must select an artboard. If you CLICK the wire indicator it will create an internal link and you may select a state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be broken in some cases. I have a component with multiple states. In the default state, I was able to link to other states when clicking on icons. However, in the other states, I can not link to other states. They do not show in the destination field. it only shows other artboards. Also, if I delete the interactions from the default state, I can't add them back. It's like they only appeared the first time I tried to create them. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ShakeNBakeN will you be able to share the file or some screenshot from the component arrangement? You'll have to upload the .xd file somewhere (google drive, dropbox) and drop the link here, as the forum won't allow .xd file uploads. You can send it via PM as well, if you don't want to do it publicly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I figured it out. There was a duplicate on top of it somehow.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines