• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Components/symbols no longer universal

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having a lot of issues with components/symbols no longer being universal.

Before, selecting one heart symbol and changing the size would automatically change all the other heart symbols in a project, but now, I have to manually do them one by one. I tried grouping them together, I tried deleting the old heart and adding the new larger heart as a symbol and dragging copies of it into the project to resize (which seemed to work at first, but now I can't recreate that).

I don't have this issue with text/component styles or colors - clicking and editing one color in the assets panel will automatically update that color everywhere in the project, as it should. It's just the symbols that aren't working anymore, I have no idea how to automatically update them and the old right-click and "update all instances of this symbol" (or whatever it was called) isn't there anymore. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need edit the master component, and if the attributes of an instance have been changed, you need reset to master state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you need edit the master component

This is correct, except that the terminology is now "main" component. You can tell it's the main component when selected because the diamond icon in upper left corner is solid. If not, right-click and use "Edit Main Component" to change the selection to the main component.

HTH,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines