• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy component to another XD file and retain states

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - is there a way to copy a component from one XD file to another and retain states in the new version?

Currently when I paste into the new XD file only the default state it shown. The "make local component" option is no longer available. I need to make a new XD file because the performance on existing one is slowing down due to number of artboards.  

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as I see in this conversation ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/create-local-components-not-working/td-p/1130698... ) pasting nested or child components doesn't have the option "Make local component", only parent components. But you should be able to have all the states in the pasted component, it'd be great if you could share the component in question in a file so I also could try  to paste it to another document to check and let you know, hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Will try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines