• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating a component from a repeat grid doesn't make the main component a master, why ?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys ! i was creating this overlay and did the same as Howard Pinsky on his master class tutorial. and went on to make them a component, and it created another kind of component where the master component isn't what i selected. any idea why ?

attached is a video of what i am referring to. 

thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Hello defaultqhzzn35kysep,

Sorry for the late response, I understood , The recent changes made to the repeat grid & now its designed purposely, The main component will became an instance after applying Repeat grid, so that Main component can be edited  and the changes can be seen in an instance present in the Repaet grid.

Regards,
Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultqhzzn35kysep,

Thank you for reaching us, when you make Repeat Grid to a component, it will became an instance of the component, do right click and choose edit in main , then edit the main component & the changes will be reflected to all instances.
Hope it helps,

Regards,
Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there mhiremat !

thank you for the response. please check this video of Howard Pinsky, where i follow him EXACTLY, where he does the same thing, but the main component doesn't become outside of the artboard.

https://youtu.be/HfTn5Ego9Js?t=3092

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello defaultqhzzn35kysep,

Sorry for the late response, I understood , The recent changes made to the repeat grid & now its designed purposely, The main component will became an instance after applying Repeat grid, so that Main component can be edited  and the changes can be seen in an instance present in the Repaet grid.

Regards,
Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines