Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data loss after updating Adobe XD, days of work lost

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

when I opened a file today I was working on just yesterday (saving every now and then), I found out, that I can only work on a 5 days old version from 25th of June. All newer versions are lost and don't show up in the documents history. I tried to share the file on tuesday. That didn't work smooth. Also I updated to the latest version. 

I tried to log out, log in again. Reboot the system. Asked my colleague to open the file: It's gone in her cloud.

Is there any way to recover my versions?

my Logfile is AdobeLogs_20210701_093333_103-win.zip

{Renamed By MOD}

Best regards and thank you in advance

Chris

TOPICS
Data loss

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please look for the copy of the file at the below-mentioned location:

Windows: \Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe XD

These are temp locations for auto-save. The file name could be different with random letters, so you might need to manually look for it. The best way to look for the file is through a local timestamp.

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

thanks for your reply.

unfortunately I only found documents with timestamps from today in that folder. A recovery isn't possible that way.

Is there another trick?

Regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying, Chris. I'll escalate this further so please share your Adobe ID and the actual XD file by adding them to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and then send it through DM by clicking on my name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines