• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-UI text fields in XD break every once in a while.

Participant ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some versions of XD already, I often am faced with text fields (e.g. width field, height field, layer/state text field when renaming layer/state, etc.) in the UI of XD that can't get focus, can't be tabbed to, don't allow to highlight text and don't get updated when I press keys on my keyboard to edit its value. Though that I can't interact with these text fields, somehow the rest of the UI of XD is blocked as well. So everytime this happens, I get stuck.

This also applies to text layers on canvas/artboards when I want to edit the text content of this layer.

At the time that I am faced with this, the inputs are not disabled or read-only for that matter. They should be editable. The only workaround for me, is to minimize the XD window and revealing the app again. This can't be intended behavior, something must be broken here.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Damien,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need a few more details to troubleshoot this further:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. If you have Windows, please ensure you have updated the graphic card to the latest version as per the manufacturer's website.
  4. Do you use an additional extended monitor?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@HARSHIKA_VERMA @Rishabh_Tiwari I am getting increasingly frustrated with the total dumpster fire that is the UX of text editing inside of Adobe XD. Instead of helping me design UI/UX like a power user, I am constantly being held up by the application. It's riddled with bugs! The frustrations are reaching a boiling point now. I have had contact about some of the issues way back, and they just don't get resolved. I collaborated with Harshika Verma on this issue, but no resolution was found. Although I started out with a mindset of "we're going to solve this together", nothing helped. I got tired of it and gave up. I thought, until Adobe reached the point of being able to fix this by themselves (or by accident), I would be able to work around the issue.

But this is not the case.

The text issue is really impeding my workflow. I take at least twice as much time to deliver a design, and that is an optimistic estimation. Text editing (anything that involves editing text, cursors, text highlight) is just broken. Selecting text and trying to edit it is a mine field. I can't be sure that whenever I click a text box or text layer, that I am actually editing the text in it. What's worse, (over)writing text and removing text is totally disconnected. So I may be editing text in one field, but if I press backspace, the text in another field gets removed. This applies to the property panel and the canvas. It's so random that rolling dice is more predictable. Making Adobe XD come to senses when this happens is harder than trying to unlock a vault. I'm not kidding, there's no logic to escape this buggy behavior.

Please, anything! How do you guys work on bugs? By now, it should be clear that, over the course of Windows and XD versions, this is prevalent in any of them for over a year at the very least. And still is on the latest versions.

To answer  @Rishabh_Tiwari's questions, these are my specs. But they don't even matter. You can use any version of Windows 10 and application to try and replicate it. And it happens on both my devices.

• Device: Surface Book, as well as Surface Studio (both generation 1)
  • XD: 42.1.22 (both)
  • GPU driver latest version?: Surface Book: yes, Surface Studio: don't know, but most likely yes.

Please tell us something about this issue. Are you able to replicate it? Which steps did you undertake to do so? Is it on your engineering team's backlog? Does it have any priority at all? What can we do more to help you solve this issue, or even just replicate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines