• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Unable to add new anchor points to path in XD.

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an odd problem with one of the paths I've created in a recent project. I can remove, manipulate, and otherwise play with the anchor points on this path, but for some reason I can't add any new ones, whether I try double-clicking on the path or using the pen tool. My other paths work fine, and this one was working fine awhile ago.

I've tried closing and re-opening the program, duplicating and then deleting the original path, turning off layers, reorganizing layers, etc. Is there some weird setting I'm missing? It's bizarre that this one path would be immune to new points.

I attached a video of what happens when I try.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble adding new anchor points to path in XD and thank you for sharing the video. We would like to know a few more details like-

• What is the OS & XD version of your machine?
  • Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?
  • Have you tried to copy the same object into a new document & share the results with us?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured out the issue. Apparently I'm too zoomed in to the shapes to be able to add points. If I zoom out, I can add points and manipulate them. It's kind of annoying, because I want to be able to precisely place them, but at least I can add them now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear you are able to fix the issue & thank you for sharing the solution that helped you. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same situation. This was driving me up the wall. Thanks for the tip! I could understand the opposite where you'd need to be zoomed in. Vector points are all about fine tuning little bits. Super frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines