Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desktop preview top-bottom margins

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm working on a small dimensions artboard 480x272 px size to be specific. In desktop preview mode I seem to have margins from top/bottom which I can't get rid of, the screen will not allow me to resize it height wise any more. Is there any way to get rid of them and just have the size of the window be the one I'm working on? Why is there a margin from top and bottom?

I can't scale up/down the design artboards as that would require redoing the work. 

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 08.33.23.png

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the feedback. This happens because of the different size artboards and we understand it could be an important feature in Adobe XD. We have received a similar request on our Adobe XD UserVoice, I'd request you to please upvote this request:https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34277722-adjust-th...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Please let us know if you need more assistance on this. We'd be happy to help

Thanks,

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chethan, 

I might be missing something, but I have 1 artboard in the file. I do not have multiple artboards with different sizes. And yet, I am not able to scale-down (height wise) the preview window to fit the artboard size exactly. As you can see width-wise it's OK. It's as if the preview window format is portrait. The artboard is landscape. 

I'd be curious to see you try this in a new file with 1 artboard.

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 13.59.23.png

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and I would suggest you to check a similar issue reported few days back here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/how-to-resize-the-preview-window-mine-is-showing-back-backgr...

Please let us know if you need more assistance on this. We'd be happy to help

Thanks,

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I believe I understand. When you say "different size artboards" you mean artboards that have dimensions different than what You deem 'standard'.

What is the likelihool of this (margins removed from the preview window) being implemented in the near future, as the link shows that the feature has only 29 votes? As this might determine the tool choice going forward with the designs. 

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines