• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document Unavailable Error

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a cloud document open that is shared with others and has co-editing enabled. I am the document owner. I stepped away from my computer for a minute and when I came back I saw the following error:

Document Unavailable: Either it was deleted, or you can't access it anymore. You can save as a new document to keep it. [Save As...] [Discard Changes]Document Unavailable: Either it was deleted, or you can't access it anymore. You can save as a new document to keep it. [Save As...] [Discard Changes]

I received this error once before and selected "Save As..." only for the document not to save and and for my changes to be lost.

What is causing this and how do I prevent it in the future? And is there a better way to restore changes if it manages to Save As... successfully other than copying & pasting those changes in?

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Data loss , Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Hi @Balaji_Dhayalan,

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for trying the steps suggested. Would you mind checking the file here: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents? Please ensure you're logged in with the right Adobe ID.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We will need a few more information so that we can troubleshoot this for you. Please help us with the details like:

1. A screenshot of the About XD info page.
  2. Is there any possibility of internet disruption when you left the system? This may not be the reason for this error however this information is required to isolate the issue.
  3. Does this happen with this specific file or with other files as well?
  4. Please try the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html and let us know if it helps.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rishabh,

1. Screenshot of Adobe XD About pageScreenshot of Adobe XD About page
  2. It's possible theoretically, but no one in my home noticed if an internet disruption occurred.
  3. I've been primarily working with one specific cloud file, so I have not been able to test with other files.
  4. I will try these steps.

I will update the post if it occurs again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, feel free to update this discussion in case if it still doesn't work, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a document in the morning suddenly I got an error like Document Unavailable (Either it was deleted or you can't access it anymore). I wasn't even able to save the document. I was able to see only the close button. Not only this file, but I also organized my files in a folder that too got deleted. https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html tried these steps as you mentioned but I'm unable to restore all those files. Why is it happening like this? Is there any other way to restore all the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Balaji_Dhayalan,

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for trying the steps suggested. Would you mind checking the file here: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents? Please ensure you're logged in with the right Adobe ID.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Balaji_Dhayalan,

Hope you're doing well!

We would like to follow up on your issue. Are you able to resolve the issue? Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have checked the link that you provided. But I didn't see my files there. Again the issue happened just now. It's the 3rd time happening like this. Please provide some other solutions to restore the files. And why it is happening again and again. And also I have logged in with the right Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines